My 104 yr old Grandfather passed away today

djorgensen3

Donating Member
Registered
I just got word today that my 104 year old Grandfather just passed away today. I am leaving in the morning for a long drive from Phoenix to Iowa. I haven't made this drive in the winter before so if any of you great people have a recommendation for a route that isn't too crazy I would appreciate the help. Obviously I want to avoid major weather issues but I may not have that option.

I sure wish I could've plugged a USB cable into his brain and downloaded his memories. To see some of the greatest advances of technology and civilization must have been incredible. I don't think he had a mean bone in his body. He was a very religious man and I know he is with God but I will sure miss him.

Prayers sent brother. You are right, I know he has seen some amazing things in his life span. What will you see in when you are 104? Be careful on your journey.

Deepest condolences! Be safe.

I’ve always admired and respected those who have been fortunate enough to live such a long life in an amazing period of time and change. They’re always so interesting and knowledgeable.

Prayers sent for you and your family.

My father was born in 1902 (he was 55 when I was born, poor soul). Trust me, you don't want to know what they knew. He lived through both World Wars, Korea, and Vietnam (I missed that one by only 3 years), the great depression (we may learn about that the hard way), the Dust Bowl, prohibition, Bonnie & Clyde, the Red Scare, and the Wright Brothers to the landing on the Moon (I was 11 for that).

My father and your grandfather lived through many nightmares and wonders that we'll never know. And in the process, laid the foundation for us not knowing those nightmares and reaping the benefits of the wonders.:bowdown:

Amazing progression through life.

Please accept my deepest condolences, and have a safe trip.

No matter how much a part of life death really is, we never really adjust.

:heart-break:

You are in our thoughts and prayers....... Have a safe drive to Iowa.....

Wow, what a great life he had. 104 years. Yes, he saw a lot.

May he rest in peace.

r8

wow man sorry to hear this.. But wow is all that comes to mind 104 years old The stories he could have probbably told And the things he probbably seen.

Prayers for your family and you. Safe travels.

My Mom gave me a book of letters my Great Grandparents wrote to each other before they were married. It was a treasure trove of info. I hope you will find treasures like that too.

God Bless

Prayers Sent to you & your family, Looks like he lived a long life so there should be many memories.

Back