Murder or Self Defense?

GNBRETT

Registered
I don't pick sides. I call em like I see em and I just don't see the Lynching that everyone else seems to think he deserves. immediately after he discharged his weapon he was telling the story over the radio which is really unusual and a sign of validity vs. cover-up. he says exactly wat he thought was gonna happen to him. that shiit happen FAST and I just don't see wat happens clearly either way in that video.

the body cam to me just doesn't say enough. u can't see his feet and its tough to tell how far away from the car he is. I wud venture to say that he was pretty close to that car considering the cop reached in to stop him from driving off since u can clearly see him turning the car on in attempt to drive off.

if ur foot is anywhere near under that car one cud panic and fear they are going to be dragged or sucked underneath since u know he aint stoppn so is that panicking or is that an appropriate reaction considering getting sucked under a car by someone u know aint stoppn mite get one a little concerned......:whistle:

I'm sure backing away from the car wud have been his best move likely but hey sometimes u can reach in there and turn the ignition off but once ur committed to doing that u make urself very vulnerable and just not a good idea but nonetheless perfectly lawful on the officers part.

the driving off while a police officer is in ur car trying to stop you is ILLEGAL but I've yet to hear anyone point that out....:whistle:

I just don't see the intent to just kill someone. thats ridiculous! right or wrong it comes down to wat did the officer feel and think at that very moment!!!! IF he made a poor decision and discharged his gun without imminent fear of being killed or seriously injured then charge him accordingly. MURDER! thats just crazy grandstanding by the prosecutor and then to refer to his actions as asinine is just comical and really tacky.

Cincinnati Shooting of Unarmed Black Man: Footage to Be Released

Its a hard call unless your the one there for sure. We have same incident down here, it was on face book. If you can pull up watch,the caroline small shooting in brunswick ga. They have gotten trigger happy we are seeing more and more here lately thats for sure. Unless your in it is hard to say what went thru his in mind in a second or two.

I'm just curious how they can charge him with First Degree Murder. Wouldn't that have to be premeditated?

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think the cop was saying "I'm gonna kill this dude" while he was pulling him over for no front license plate.

honeestly...its simple....officer pulled him over...he attempted to run case closed. Should officer have used lethal force possibly not. But think about this. He is willing to run, it turns into a pursuit, lookd to be residential, kid runs out in the road, perp hits him...now what? now its the officers fault for not stopping him in the first place right? Now we have a hurt or killed kid as a result. I know a lot of what ifs. But its really simple as you got pulled over. cooperate. If you have nothing to hide you will be sent on your way. If you are breaking laws then you got caught pay the piper.

Why am I not surprised by the responses on this? First degree murder? No. Wrongful death? Yes. Come on guys. Will anyone ever say a cop was wrong when they shoot an unarmed person?

Murder might be a stretch. Maybe. But certainly he will go down for something. Manslaughter etc. At this stage, I don't think it was Pre-Meditated. Will wait to see what all comes out.

There is some room for interpretation in what you can't see from his bodycam footage. He is clearly on the ground when the other officer arrives. So maybe he can get some traction there to his aid.

I think we will learn more about this officer and those that are corroborating his story soon enough. I already see they are showing a checkered history of the officer and those corroborating his story. Don't know those sources yet so it will be another media circus.

Why am I not surprised by the responses on this? First degree murder? No. Wrongful death? Yes. Come on guys. Will anyone ever say a cop was wrong when they shoot an unarmed person?
lol.... coming from a black man that doesn't surprise me u wud say that? enough with the unarmed person BS we hear every day. no shiit he was unarmed. he didn't discharge his firearm cause he thought he was armed. try to stay on point here..... he feared he was going to be dragged under the car. this is the kinda spin racist ppl like you put on incidents.

maybe you and AL Sharpton can organize a rally.

I will and have said officer is guilt for shooting unarmed person. Problem is this time the perp was armed. he had a 3000 lb car which he was attempting to run with. So unarmed is a matter of opinion....cars have killed tons and tons of folks smashing and running into them.

I will and have said officer is guilt for shooting unarmed person. Problem is this time the perp was armed. he had a 3000 lb car which he was attempting to run with. So unarmed is a matter of opinion....cars have killed tons and tons of folks smashing and running into them.
tru. and probably far more dangerous then being struck by a bullet.

lol.... coming from a black man that doesn't surprise me u wud say that? enough with the unarmed person BS we hear every day. no shiit he was unarmed. he didn't discharge his firearm cause he thought he was armed. try to stay on point here..... he feared he was going to be dragged under the car. this is the kinda spin racist ppl like you put on incidents. maybe you and AL Sharpton can organize a rally.
he feared he would be drugged by a car that he jumped in the window of to begin with. How stupid does that sound. Why does my race have anything to do with it. I didn't point out the victim was black nor did I reference it. Seems like I'm not the one with a race issue here.

yes and many of these armed vehicles have been driven by police officers. So I fear for my safety as someone is trying to get away from me? Yep that sounds about right.

Wheres a Mod when you need 1?? Same chit time and time again and usually the same individuals are involved..... It always comes down to race and somebody being black and whether the other individual was justified in killing them. A lot of racial overtones are thrown around and back handed comments. Why should we wait for it to get out of hand? Should just lock this thread along with any other pertaining to race etc... Never ends well and more than enough good members have been run off or disappeared because of it.

Can't we just talk about bikes and such???

as has his boss? ummmmm the prosecutor is NOT his boss....:whistle:

No but the Chief is. "This officer was wrong," Cincinnati Police Chief Jeffrey Blackwell said, adding that officers "have to be held accountable" when they're in the wrong. :whistle:

he feared he would be drugged by a car that he jumped in the window of to begin with. How stupid does that sound. Why does my race have anything to do with it. I didn't point out the victim was black nor did I reference it. Seems like I'm not the one with a race issue here.
yea, wen some mope tries to drive off and the officer reaches in to stop him from doing so he can be dragged by the car wen it takes off. its happened plenty of times in the past to other cops.

so the cop is at fault for trying to prevent him from driving off? how stupid do YOU sound! unfortunately you didn't mean unarmed PERSON you meant unarmed BLACK person.... its not hard to read between ur lines....:whistle:

only YOU mention that he was unarmed. where did anyone state that the officer feared for his life due to the suspect being ARMED? no where thats where! only YOU tried to point that out and spin it but wat u failed to mention is the car being a deadly weapon so in reality I guess he was armed wasn't he!

No but the Chief is. "This officer was wrong," Cincinnati Police Chief Jeffrey Blackwell said, adding that officers "have to be held accountable" when they're in the wrong. :whistle:
his boss is his immediate supervisor. the Chief of Police is a politician as he is in every police dept.....:whistle:

yea, wen some mope tries to drive off and the officer reaches in to stop him from doing so he can be dragged by the car wen it takes off. its happened plenty of times in the past to other cops. Then common sense would suggest not to do that wouldn't it.
so the cop is at fault for trying to prevent him from driving off? how stupid do YOU sound! unfortunately you didn't mean unarmed PERSON you meant unarmed BLACK person.... its not hard to read between ur lines....:whistle: only YOU mention that he was unarmed. where did anyone state that the officer feared for his life due to the suspect being ARMED? no where thats where! only YOU tried to point that out and spin it but wat u failed to mention is the car being a deadly weapon so in reality I guess he was armed wasn't he!
if this has happened before then common sense would suggest you don't reach into a car when a perp is trying to drive off. Maybe I am stupid for finding such simple logic.

Glad to see you are not only an azz but you're also physic. You know what I meant when I said an unarmed person. Tell me what I mean when I say have a nice day! As for the officer fearing for his life, it's come to be my understanding after reading all of your unwavering support that if they fear for their life they can shoot. Am I wrong for coming to that simple assumption? At the end of the day you will not find me saying anything about race. I stated the obvious. You draw your own conclusions about me because you know me so well. But it's okay I will not stoop to your level of name calling. That the tactic of a person that can't find the words to express themselves or form a logical argument. I'll just say again, have a nice day Brett! Whatever that means to you.

Back