msf course

studruss

Registered
After 20 some years i finaly got my motorcycle licence!!!! Took the MSP Experienced Rider Course and passed on my 03 busa. Every obstical was fairly easy except the figure 8 box. :laugh:

I'm an MSF instructor and yes, all the obstacles ARE fairly easy until that figure 8. I can do the figure 8 on my FZ1 standing up, sitting down, come to a stop in the middle without putting my feet down, the WHOLE thing.....it's a whole different game on the busa though. It took me a while to figure out that I needed to keep more speed on the busa to make it fun and comfortable. Congrats on doing the course. We have dozens of riders every year that have TONS of experience but learn something about themselves as well as the bikes they ride.

so grateful and glad that MSF courses are mandatory (and FREE) for Navy folks like me. been attending courses for over 20 years now, lost count how many times it has helped me escape trouble.

How many MSF course's let you use your own bike? The one's in florida provided the bike for you. Even the experianced rider course.

How many MSF course's let you use your own bike? The one's in florida provided the bike for you. Even the experianced rider course.

It depends on the local bike shops to be honest. One of the courses in Pensacola uses nighthawks, the other doesn't have bikes. Right now the course on Keesler AFB doesn't have a contract either so you have to have your own bike too. Some courses have a hard time getting bikes with the economy the way it is. A lot of shops aren't able to give out 10-15 loaner bikes for a year.

Back