Who attended an MSF course?

I'm trying to get a co-worker of mine to take the course...her husband just bought a Harley, and I've been on her to learn to ride since I started a few years back...now that he's got a bike staring her in the face, I'm really anxious for her to take the helm of her own bike and not ride on the back of that HOG!!!

She's a little hesitant, so maybe I'll take it again with her...refresher for me...

Just did my rider-coach up date last weekend. From what I've been told only Hawaii and Idaho have not adopted the new BRC/ERC format. We(Kentucky) were the first state to start the BRC, and I was told last week that Cali just went to the BRC recently. Anyway, that's what I remember. I've been wrong before.

I took a state sponcered one and got the insurance discount, as well as I feel it's perfect for a beginner. It helps you get comfy in a controlled environment before your buddies corrupt you. At least you will KNOW instead of guess.

I teach em now. It's nice side $$$

Just did my rider-coach up date last weekend. From what I've been told only Hawaii and Idaho have not adopted the new BRC/ERC format. We(Kentucky) were the first state to start the BRC, and I was told last week that Cali just went to the BRC recently. Anyway, that's what I remember. I've been wrong before.
was it informative or a waste of time? Just did my Rider-Coach update on the 21 of Feb.

Uh, some tips on some things that are changed - coaching positions etc. Wayne Steele is a great co-ordinator and everything he does is worth the time, even if its just pats on the back. But yeah, it was worth it. He wants us to stop doing a few things and gave some tips on almost every exercise - but mostly level II of the BRC. It helped.

Yeah I took the MSF course.........MonsterSpeedFreak's school of wheelie pullin and stopies
biggrin.gif
super.gif

I was required to take one when I was at Ft. Campbell after my first deployment. It was a great class and had a retired motorcycle cop as a teacher. I learned a lot and it started the spark of wanting a busa. Someone in the course had a white special edition and I was in love.
Holy crap........this thread is from 2004.......and the guy who started it hasn't been on here since 2007....

Normally @Rojo is the one necroposting.....

Holy crap........this thread is from 2004.......and the guy who started it hasn't been on here since 2007....

Normally @Rojo is the one necroposting.....
in the social media world, it’s a tactic used to “bury” some unwanted post. say someone posts a comment or photo you don’t like, you can flood the feed to send the unwanted information to the bottom of the list.

Who resurrects these old threads? There's still good info because there's bound to be someone who comes along that will benefit from everyone's responses.

I've taken the MSF three times and learned something new each time I took the class so well worth it in my opinion because it basically teaches you the fundamentals of motorcycle riding and helps prevent you from developing bad riding habits so I recommend to anyone interested in riding to first take the MSF. I think the MSF is the best thing any new rider can do to figure out if a motorcycle is for them because some people aren't meant to ride which I believe is why you see so many low mileage bikes for sale. In some states once you pass the MSF you can receive a waiver so you don't have to take the state exam, you just show up to the DMV, show your waiver and they add the M endorsement to your license.

Reactions: pcs
LOL, old thread from the distant past, brought back by a newby to the org.

Closest I got to MSF was a track coach around the Shenandoah circuit in West Virginia. Best info he gave me was to keep an eye out for deer, as they sometimes run over the track.

Needless to say, the training did not help much, as my last session there I went down at 142mph and decided it was time to stop.

Back