MSF Courses

I'd take the course.. definitely money well spent..

I've taken it several times, once before going into the military, twice in the MC during my enlistment 92 - 99, and just about two years ago and it helps to break the bad habits and refine other skills..

When I took the course 3 out of 10 riders were newbie's, the rest had 10 years plus experience. We all felt the course was worth taking.

<!--EDIT|BigK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122698587 -->

uh.... beavis here... you get to ride your own bike right?? ... uh.. heh...
rock.gif

I rode bikes, dirt and street from age 12 to 26 (100cc to 600cc).  I have ridden dirt bikes on occasion in the last 8 years and was looking at getting back to the street...I freakin' miss it and it's now or never.

Question: Is paying $175 for the MSF course really necessary for me?  A friend of mine took it and told me that he knows I can ride and to put it toward the bike and/or accessories.

BTW, I am a common sense rider.
I've had to counsel out 3 people in the last year who grew up riding dirt bikes. Everyone of them started off saying they didn't need the class, and were being forced to take it.

I have taken a course about every 2 years since 1994 and now I'm an instructor. So maybe I'm a little biased, but since when did training for anything make you worse at it?

I just passed the course a couple months ago......well put together course. I've been riding 4 ever, but I took it to get my license.
I say its a great course to take, no matter how much experience ya got. Its just a shame you have to pay for it....here in PA its free!!!!

Th course is always worth the cost even if it is just to refresh.  I know that after I took the class and passes, I got a cert that was good for an insurance discount.
biggrin.gif
My agent (State Farm) here in FL said there is no insurance discount. Of course I'll only be paying $35 per month.

I thought there should be a discount just like a defensive driving course discount you can get for your car. What kind of discount are you guys getting?

I have n ot got a discount, unless you count the fact that I have no points on my license and keep the bike under me all the time, know how to properly enter curves, aviod obstacle, go over the unavaiodable ones, and stop in curves without low/high siding the bike and myself...

Enough discounts to take the coursed?

i have been wanting to take the class for a while now.  ( let the flaming begin )... i am an unliscensed rider and DO NOT want to take the test with the Busa.  I have contacted MSF courses and my location is about 2 - 3 hours from where the nearest course is offered.  Not to mention its like pulling teeth to get enrolled with the popularity of the course here lately.  I am really getting worried about riding here lately.  I do have a permit, but that expires next month.  I know i gotta do it, but its just really tough to get the moons aligned where it would be possible.  Not to mention, the next open class within a 3 hour drive is in Sept. or Oct i believe.  Man this blows.  

Anybody take the liscense test on the Busa?  I just wish i would have done it while i owned the CBR..  I regret that big time!  
sad.gif
Yeah I took the obstacle course on my Busa. It was a #####. I failed the first time cause I walked around the cones. I mean if I hadn't I would have laid it down. These cones were no farther apart than the length of my Busa. I took by myself that day. The next day there were a few others taking the test with me. I was the only one that passed. I just took the examiner's advice.

She told me that it took 10 pts. to fail. She was sure I could pass all of the other test except the cones. She said if you run over all of the cones you can only lose up to 5 pts. So I said okay. I tried my hardest and ended up only running over one cone. That only took 3 pts. off, I passed all of the others with flying colors. I got my endorsement for free and saved myself $175.

Back