I want to buy a busa

brownbomber

Registered
I've been riding dirt bikes for 6 years or so and I feel I'm ready to make the jump from dirt to street. I've loved the busa for a long time, and I want it to be my first street bike. Where is the best place to find fair prices? How well do you think I'd do on a busa? I'm scheduled to take an MSF course next month so I'll have the basics down when its time to purchase.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? The Busa is not a good bike to be your first unless your a big heavy guy. Use to dirtbike usually mean you ride wild and crazy on the dirt and wouldn't be much different on the street. The Busa is not a good one to start on riding like that. Either way you go look for a used one maybe ebay or craigslist.

Oh and :welcome: to the org

We've got a bit long thread somewhere on 'Busa as a first bike'. Lots of pro con opinions. But sounds like you've already made up yours, find something used if this is your first real bike. Get on it and ride, put some miles under your belt. Lots of horsepower, but with a relaxed rider, it does all things well and can easily be an old granny bike. ;)

My preference is to buy from a private seller if you are looking for a used one. You probably know where to look in your area.

On a side note, your reflexes from dirt riding are wrong for the street - particularly for the use of throttle, front brake and rear brake, body position. Being used to sliding the rear is a big plus. So, I would seriously consider going with a less powerfull bike first even though it seems you already made your decision.

In any event, wishing you the best in your new beginning. Whatever the bike is, take it easy, advance with baby steps only, and spend another under $20 and study "A Twist of the Wrist, II" by Keith Code (Amazon has plenty of those).

Oh, yeah... :welcome:

:welcome: to the ORG! Good luck finding your new bike, you will love the busa!

If you're not a relaxed rider and have no street experience, the Busa may not be the best starter bike for you... It has more power than you can imagine...

Size wise it's a nice fit for you, but the Busa must always be respected...

Whatever you decide, just be careful...

Best deals on Busas will be craigslist. That's where I got mine...

Oh yeah, and :welcome: to the org!

I'm not exactly a relaxed rider. I love the feel of acceleration, a lot. This bike seems to have that in spades.

By this response, I would say you don't need the Busa as a first bike. If you decide to get one anyway, there was one on here in the classifieds that you may want to check on. '03 for $5600 Either way, just ride safe and keep the acceleration on the track.

:welcome:

I'm not exactly a relaxed rider. I love the feel of acceleration, a lot. This bike seems to have that in spades.

Acceleration in spades indeed! Be careful though, many a new street rider get into trouble trying to stop. The Busa is a big heavy bike and while she'll rocket you off to the horizon in a heartbeat she doesn't stop on a dime.

Enjoy and ride safe!

:welcome: first off man let me be straight and honest with you get something smaller than a Busa get a GSXR 600 it will teach you many things then you can upgrade to a Busa trust me I did I had no riding experience I rode my 600 for 2 years until I was ready to step up. I know you want a Busa but just go about it the safe way.:beerchug:

:thumbsup:

Hey my brother whatever your decision is be very careful cops are always in the look up for new riders with big bikes, there is nothing like it to own a busa this bikes are from a different spirit not anyone can handle the power of a big bike i would say you must have respect for all bikes not just the busa,the busa is like a budwaiser horse you have to treat it right you never know went is going to kick you good look!

god bless!

Rides are only fun when you stop and get off at the other end in one piece, doesn't matter what kinda bike you end up with. Keeping that in mind is the most important ingredient to having fun on 2 wheels. If you have your heart set on a busa just make sure you doing it safely this community is interested in having our members stick around for a while :beerchug:

:welcome:

Funny, I'm 5'7" and the bike fits me perfectly. Even so, the knees go after a few hours and then the shoulders. i cannot imagine riding a Busa if you are over 6' even though a bunch of guys do.

Read that for the first time and pretty biased towards getting a beginner bike first.

I think you should go big or nothing at all. I have been told the best way to learn is a get beginner bike, and go from there.

Ninja 250/500 first, then 600, then 750, then 1000, then busa/ZX-14

That is a complete waste of time AND money to go through all of those bikes like that.

Get what you want, AND TAKE YOUR TIME LEARNING.... Do this, and you will be fine!!!

Back