Moving forward with Turbo & Powerhouse

nychayabusa

Registered
After a year of debating I gave Frank Davis over at Powerhouse the green light to roll forward with the RCC Stage 1 Turbo kit. As of today he has both my bike and turbo kit so hopefully this will get done quick :) Frank has been very helpful thus far with all my questions and concerns. Just to give a little background on the bike I have a bone stock 2003 Pumpkin with 3,000 miles. Instead of going with the usual bolt on path I figured that I would just spring for the turbo kit and get it all done at once. Here is what I am getting:

-RCC Stage 1 Kit
-Full dyno tune
-Tial 50MM BOV
-Oil Pump Gear
-Heavy duty clutch springs
-No Exhaust (Dump Pipe)

This will be my first venture with a Turbo as I come from a supercharger background. My main concerns were not wanting to touch the internals and to stay on par with the low maintenance and reliability that a stock Busa is known for. I did not go with the water injection and ignition module option. Do you guys have nay opinions on either of these? They woudl have pushed this whole thing out of my budget.

I will let everyone know how it goes. This thing is 100% driven on the street so I will be analyzing the street drivability factor and will report back the results of the tune.

Thanks to Frank for all the help thus far and for setting up a ride for my bike to get to his shop. I am very very excited and cannot wait to get this back. I will post up lots of videos and pictures. :rulez: Also, want to thank Megawatt for taking my calls and answering all my questions. He is a true asset to this community.

Last edited:
100% street driven in NYC area... I would consider saving up for a full exhaust system. They've been cracking down on loud sport bikes.

Good luck with the build Frank will do a great job. Be prepared for the constant smilling eveytime you twist the throttle. :thumbsup:

Sweet project. I am up for almost the identical set-up as you as soon as the funds become available (hopefully this summer). I was under the impression that the dump pipe set-up was not outrageously loud when combined with the turbo?

+1 for the full exhaust. I use one and a low profile K&N on my 05 Stage 1 .. gives it something of a sleeper quality

In regards to the dump pipe, I want the sound. In fact, the thing I am most excited about is the beautiful noise that will be roaring from the bike. Damn the speed!! I ride mostly in midtown and lower Manhattan so I don't think I will get bothered much.

I spoke to Frank a few hours ago and we added the following things to the project. :banghead:

-Clutch Slave Support
-Muzzy Fan
-Clutch Mod

I am so excited I can barely think about anything else.. Hopefully it will be done by next weekend. :please:

Where can you utilize the full potential of the turbo Busa in Manhatten? Can you even do that with a stock bike? Please don't take my comment as negative, I just wonder what your options are for riding in that area.

Congrats on getting the turbo setup installed on your bike. I am hoping to someday be able to afford to put a system on my bike!!

turbobusa200,

Forget about the Turbo, the question is could I utilize the full power of a 600 in Manhattan? :rofl:

It is fun riding in the city but for my speed rides I will go out to Jersey.

I go tomorrow morning to pick it up. Will post a new thread with results tomorrow. :moon:

In the car going there now. So excited! Bigroad, frank said at 7 lbs I made 250 rwhp. Will get dyno sheet to get more details.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back