Motorcycle Safety Topic of the Week

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Ill see what I can do Doc... No guarantees
Would be cool if we had some type of on-line quizzes to go along with the info.
cool.gif
Once again coach, thanx for all the info.

Brian

laugh.gif

ices_rofl.gif
 That's it Rev, we have to have a brake off. You bring your group I bring my group and we'll brake.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I love hearing every ones take on different things.  Keeps me learning too. Thanks again bro for your input and keep bringing them to the class, I need a paycheck.
biggrin.gif
I certinly will keep sending them Bro...

I thought about a brake off as well... But I then realized that one of us will prolly go down trying to prove that the others technique is flawed or could be improved, that damned ego will kick in... know what I mean? I proctice my panic/Emergency braking at least once a ride, and I know that the edge is right ---> Here. So in a brake off I am willing to bet that before any solid conclusions are reached... One of us would be on the ground... It's like a Kung-foo call out, someone is liable to get hurt. Not that it's a certainty but when really practicing the Emergency braking the edge of the traction envelope is really damn close... Sorta like doin wheelies on request... When there is people watching and the pressure is applied, that is when Murphy is going to show up... Anyone down your way rent sportbikes? Then I'll show up and gladly go head to head...
smile.gif

How about this, I'll collar a rookie, remove his rear brake pedal and teach him how to stop in a hurry. You do the same to your own Rookie but teach him the "Correct" way to stop... Then we can let one of them crash to prove a point. How does that sound?
smile.gif

Would sorta screw up the local police though wouldn't it? Worlds fastest bikes hammering it all the way to 60 MPH then absolutely standing them things on their noses? Then doin it again? Sort of a bassackwords kinda race...

I'll keep chasing them into class though, you keep training em'.
Thanks again for the Tips... Good stuff...

Rev

laugh.gif

smile.gif

Would be nice to have a Safety/Techniques forum. Maybe we can convince the big guys..

Hey rev, the rookie idea sounds like a better one.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
Cool... Now I gotta go find me a rookie... Preferably one wearing flip-flops and a tank top riding a new GSXR1000... Heck there are plenty to choose from... I'll of course make certain that he has never been to MSF, or a track school, has no license, no insurance, but is an "Expert". Should be easy pickings here in Florida....
smile.gif

Hi! I'm a new rookie biker. I'm thinking about buying a Hiyabusa or a Kawasaki 10R as my first bike. I would like to participate in your experiment. Send info to my personal email address at dmw@sixfeetunder.com

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086265737 -->

Personal testimony: I took MSF as a total cycle newb, learned the RIGHT way to do stuff, then altered to fit riding style. In other words, I learned and rode using rear break for a year, learned and rode with many fingers covering clutch/break. I consider that CRUCIAL to my own personal safety instincts. Now, I use two fingers to cover and pretty much never use the rear break because the way I ride it's worthless except slowing to stop in a 35 zone. BOTH systems are very important to understand and I feel the oder in which they are arrived is equally important. My 36 cents [ain't inflation great?]

Hey Rev, im still working on my newbie. Probably going to get me a 45 year old Harley Davidson rider with a mid life crisis
laugh.gif
WWJD, you are exactly right. You have to find your grove as a rider and it is important to learn all techniques. You should never stop learning.
biggrin.gif

Back