MotoGP 2019

#2StokesRace4Strokes ~ #FormulaExtreme ~ #FormulaUSA ~ #THEoRg *

Thanks for posting that Red, takes me back! I was actually at that race! F-USA was always the biggest race of the year at SIR after AMA pulled the Kent WA round off the calendar. Kevin Schwantz actually won that race one year. Somewhere in my old pictures I have some of the Roberts bikes in the pits.

Zarco has done ok on the honda first time out and it was raining during FP1 , FP2 and mid pack.

Fabio guttsed off FP1 and has buggered his leg a bit and missed out on a dry FP2 and the tyre test.

Marquez had a miracle save during the tyre test.

Remy Gardner destroyed his triumph in FP1 the front end ripped off and Pol Espagaro munted his KTM to.

1571990970496.png

No Q1 or Q2 due to weather...too much wind, Olivera caught a gust down the main straight and barrel rolled.
Earlier on a pit board was blown out of a mechanics hands onto the track as well.

Been a tough day for all the riders across the classes with wind rain and a dry track at times.

No Q1 or Q2 due to weather...too much wind, Olivera caught a gust down the main straight and barrel rolled.
Earlier on a pit board was blown out of a mechanics hands onto the track as well.

Been a tough day for all the riders across the classes with wind rain and a dry track at times.

I was just watching and saw the wind just move him over, juuust over the edge, at speed, knowing there’s no chance that heavy braking will help. Tough for him absolutely knowing he’s gonna sliiiiiiide. His bike is sure gonna need a lil maintenance. Watched MM do a 49 degree lean angle 141 mph power slide thru a left hander in turn 3. In SloMo it was really cool to watch. Did I hear right that he set a record lean angle of 70.8 degrees?

Hey Wuzz yeah it was from a front end save, not a WOW lean angle around a corner.

Decisions decisions whether i

go to the coast and watch street racing 2 1/2 hrs away and its pouring :crazy:

go to local race track for the first lot of drags of the season :race:

or stay home and watch Motogp live at a very friendly time for a change :D

Hey Wuzz yeah it was from a front end save, not a WOW lean angle around a corner.

Decisions decisions whether i

go to the coast and watch street racing 2 1/2 hrs away and its pouring :crazy:

go to local race track for the first lot of drags of the season :race:

or stay home and watch Motogp live at a very friendly time for a change :D

Yeah I was being sarcastic. Did they count that 70+ degrees as just before the plastics scraped or right when they did? :laugh: And is it a really a save when he’s already lost it, scraping the fairings (lifting the tires off the pavement) just because he’s able to bring the bike back up onto the tires?:confused:

Well MM just had a 69deg front end slide going into turn1 - and a proper save :shocked:

MV , FQ , MM front row...Fabio did a great job all things considered , IF Mav can sort out his start he'll be really hard to beat today.

I don’t get the start. Did everyone but Rossi have a meeting and decide they’re gonna let the ol man lead the first lap or two in his 400th GP start and (then) go back to racing as usual? Well, after an unrealistic start, by lap 23-22 Rossi was back in 7th place! How is it that his teammate can ride essentially an identical bike and do so much better? Is Rossi really past it? If he’s not, I don’t get it. Sad for Maverick, I figured MM would make the pass but Mav, doing his best to win just went (that) far too much and kicked the back end out.

I don’t get the start. Did everyone but Rossi have a meeting and decide they’re gonna let the ol man lead the first lap or two in his 400th GP start and (then) go back to racing as usual? Well, after an unrealistic start, by lap 23-22 Rossi was back in 7th place! How is it that his teammate can ride essentially an identical bike and do so much better? Is Rossi really past it? If he’s not, I don’t get it. Sad for Maverick, I figured MM would make the pass but Mav, doing his best to win just went (that) far too much and kicked the back end out.
Rossi just got the final best exit out of that corner , while everyone was a bit bottle necked.

Back