Moto GP 2021

That was a scary Moto3 crash down the back straight kinda strange.

Seems to me Cam needs to get nearer to the front more so he can see the lines the top guys use to maintain speed. Still tho first year in this class AND learning the other European tracks, next year i hope he can progress and stay in top 10.

Motogp and MM on top i guess no surprise , Jorge Martin unlucky to miss the podium, Enea doing a Binder and charging thru the pack cant wait to see him on a top spec machine.

Great watching all this Live :super:

It was certainly a MM show from start to finish. Rubbing not only his knee but also his elbow, @ 105 mph! Good to see three brands on the podium too. I’d still like to see BMW and Kawasaki field a team. I don’t think Martin should’ve been penalized. He didn’t gain a position in running off the track or interfere with any other rider. Bagnaia sure seems to be a natural, kicking azz on a two year old bike as though he’d been riding it for years. Fabio ran a smart race knowing that MM winning wouldn’t affect his run for the championship. MM knew this as well and said so after the race saying, as he got tired late in the race he figured Fabio would be getting tired too. Having such a big margin half way thru helped a lot. It’s kinda sad watching (or not watching) Rossi running at the rear of the field. I wonder how he feels.

It was certainly a MM show from start to finish. Rubbing not only his knee but also his elbow, @ 105 mph! Good to see three brands on the podium too. I’d still like to see BMW and Kawasaki field a team. I don’t think Martin should’ve been penalized. He didn’t gain a position in running off the track or interfere with any other rider. Bagnaia sure seems to be a natural, kicking azz on a two year old bike as though he’d been riding it for years. Fabio ran a smart race knowing that MM winning wouldn’t affect his run for the championship. MM knew this as well and said so after the race saying, as he got tired late in the race he figured Fabio would be getting tired too. Having such a big margin half way thru helped a lot. It’s kinda sad watching (or not watching) Rossi running at the rear of the field. I wonder how he feels.
Reckon BMW would have the know how and resource to build a GP bike not so sure with the Kwakas.
Bagnaia is on a Factory Duke Bastianini on a 2 yr old bike with 'upgrades'
Martin didn't give up enough position on track apparently - why the long lap, think he's still not fully fit.

Rossi is taking a victory lap - trying not to get hurt and waving goodbye to the fans. I think he is so ready to move on with his life and he's happy to trade diapers for race fuel.

BMW won't get into MotoGP unless they change the rules to allow teams to develop their own ECU's. Rumors are that BMW's carbon-fiber technology is otherworldly, and would change the top class for some time coming. BMW is racing, and they own club-level and semi-pro classes. Kawasaki would go to MotoGP if they changed the rules to allow turbo engines. Maybe something like 500cc with a turbo and boost limits.

When MotoGP changed the rules to have a shared ECU and limit the development of the bikes during the season, a lot of the manufacturers who look at racing as a test opportunity lost interest. Even Yamaha considered dropping out.

I can't wait to find out what happened to Fernandez. A Puff of smoke means either he grabbed the front hard enough to topple the bike or something went terribly wrong.

Was it harder to stay ahead of Marquez or was it harder to stay on Pecco’s tail? :laugh:Poor Pecco, 2nd in points and like Miller, also on a Ducati with a Hard front. What a time to go down! Marc shows he’s regaining his form chasing a faster Ducati lap after lap. Rossi finally managed a 10th place finish too. He’s won there three times I think. He lives just a few miles away. How’d you like to have Rossi’s track in your backyard?
CF760F79-06D6-40AA-AA1A-136C1752AC25.jpeg

I would rather see a parade lap or Ovale race with he and all of his arch rivals over the years, KRJR, Biaggi, Gibernau, Pedrosa, Stoner, Lorenzo etc. So many great battles (on and off the track) to look back on. Never his biggest fan if I'm being honest, but you have absolutely have to respect what he has done in and for this sport!

Big changes in the GP Paddock this weekend. Last race of the year, final MotoGP races for Rossi, Lecuona, & Petrucci (maybe others as well!) also Tom Luthi in Moto2. If Marquez eye issue is as advertised we might never see him race again either. I read an interview where he was describing his condition by saying that his TV had one Red LED on it, and he woke up every morning hoping to see just the one, only to see 2 LEDS! Diplopia is serious business on a 300hp GP bike!

Only time I can remember such a sweeping change in the class Hierarchy was when Rainey, Schwantz and Doohan all departed the series for very serious medical reasons. It wasnt until Rossi and Biaggi showed up that there was any real star power back in the class.

Back