Moto GP 2021

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Starts Sunday Sunday SUNDAY! New teams, new colors, new bikes. MM won’t start for a couple races but most of the gang will be in the field. I can’t hardly wait!

Starts Sunday Sunday SUNDAY! New teams, new colors, new bikes. MM won’t start for a couple races but most of the gang will be in the field. I can’t hardly wait!

FP1 on Friday
200.gif

Moto3 first session done, now Moto2 taking to the track as I type! Interested to see how Beaubier gets on there! Been reading a few articles about how Dorna has been dying to get an American presence back in MotoGP. Right now thats Roberts and potentially Beaubier but his age is going to be the biggest hurdle.

Longest winter ever!

Looks like Ben Spies knew what he was talking about this week. He has been tweeting a lot about Pecco Bagnaia's impending break out season, and lo and behold look who took pole! Rossi starting 4th is a bit of a surprise. Not far off the factory guys and Bagnaia. Not sure what happened to Miller, he had been fast for most of the running. I think Zarco is my dark horse for this race, followed closely by Rins. Looks like Zarco is running a little different Aero package to the factory guys. The Yamaha guys will be living in fear of the straights in this race as the Ducati's are just flying here. Lastly the KTM guys are not a happy lot at all!

Pretty good post qualifying article here with lots of photos.
2021-MotoGP-Rnd1-Qatar-QP-Miller-1.jpg
2021-MotoGP-Rnd1-Qatar-QP-Zarco.jpg

Marc Marquez is one of the top 5 most talented riders ever. He may be the single most talented. But he was bad for the sport. In his absence, we have seen great racing, unpredictability, drama, and amazing paint scrubbing racing. But look at the numbers and these guys are actually faster than Marc was.

The real superpower Marc brought to the starting line was fearlessness and a win-or-die mentality. Marc has been riding on the edge of crazy for a long time and has been the fastest because of it. And he has managed not to pay a price. He crashes more than anyone else but has never been hurt seriously until 2 seasons ago. Meanwhile, in Marc's absence, we have seen Honda move on and Alex show his world championship form in the GP class. The racing is the best I have seen in the GP class in a great while.

When Marc lined up on the line you knew he was going to win or crash. While some may admire his guts, I would rather see a racer race with his brain. Obviously, Marc is capable of piloting his Honda intelligently, but he tends to prefer the bonkers approach. The interesting question is how much risk will Marc take now that he realizes this isn't a video game and the price to pay for over-valoring could be a career, or worse. And of course, will he be able to control that diva temper when he's not alone at the top?

In any event, I for one am not looking forward to his return. It turns out really fast guys riding intelligently makes for a better Sunday morning show. Maybe what makes Rossi the GOAT is that he was always only a bike or two ahead of the field.

Last edited:
What a race! Mav showed he had the stuff with 8 laps to go and never looked back. Figured out how to draft those Ducs to ge the lead. Watching those Ducs freight train past anyone ahead of them on the straights was really something. That has to take 8-10 more ponies to accelerate that fast. But, braking is another thing. And poor Suzuki, after a stunning pass right by the Ducs on the last lap he gets passed by both with ease (as they are drafting them selves) right at the finish line dropping him from 2nd to 4th. I feel bad for Rossi starting up front and then riding backwards. Miller too and he was on a fast Duc. At least he lasted up front most of the race. Tires? Stamina? What will they say? Four months was too long to wait for MotoGP!!! Sooo glad it’s back! :thumbsup:

That start from the Dukes was mind blowing for sure !

Well done Mav he played it smart following his team mate being patient then pulling the pin.

Mir was pushing really hard on those last few corners so much so he went wide leading onto the straight , he needed to get the job done 1 lap earlier i reckon, shows his class tho ghosting his way to the front.

I dont reckon Ducati can keep using all its HP down the straights or they'll run out of fuel...thats why their top speeds were down during the race compared to the FP sessions.

Moto3 mayhem was awesome as usual , im stoked racing is back on again

200.gif

Just watched some after race interviews. Rossi blamed his rear tire, ‘some kind of dangerous vibration’ that the commentator pointed out, got better right at the end with Rossi doing a faster lap than anyone on the last lap. WTH? His teammate didn’t have a clue or so he said but it seemed as though he knew something that he wasn’t saying. Miller was the only one who blamed the wind, at least in part. His other excuse was his rear tire. He didn’t sound very convincing though. Again, poor Suzuki and way to ride Maverick!

Back