Motec guys.. talk to me, who has experience?

Make no mistake you will have the crap scared out of you! Nothing like a 160+ mph skyrocketing powerwheelie to keep the reality in check.
The thing that really really Surprised me, is How Violently mine comes up that that speed.
Even with my 145lbs fat ass trying to hold it down

The thing that really really Surprised me, is How Violently mine comes up that that speed.
Even with my 145lbs fat ass trying to hold it down

When handling 500+ Hp on 2 wheels everything above 150 mph is very violent beyond 220 the scary part is coming down. I would definitely invest in superior braking and suspension before I would motec.

When handling 500+ Hp on 2 wheels everything above 150 mph is very violent beyond 220 the scary part is coming down. I would definitely invest in superior braking and suspension before I would motec.
its got jrinlr shock.. McIntosh arm... brake calipers ordered.. short brake lever... and its 100 percent streetbike... brakes and suspension is secondary and minor in my mind...400 hp on 93 octane.. hopefully that's all I need.

400 Hp on the street should be taken real serious. In a flash you could find yourself in a situation without sufficient braking power and maneuverability you might not make it out. Mine is 100% street as well and I can tell you from experience brakes and suspension have saved my life more times than I’d like to recall. I’ve never understood guys that increase the Hp 3-4 times what the braking system was engineered for and think upgraded pads and lines will do the trick... maybe that’s the case for 1/4 mile shutdown or riders that never even come close to what the bike is capable of. Think about being at 200 mph and the bike is still pulling so hard and literally wants to rip out of your hands and all of a sudden bam something is in your sights that you need to emergency brake.. you don’t have strong enough brakes or the suspension to handle the force of strong brakes... your gonna lose the bike or worse.

Up rated brakes?
I went 220 Mph at Loring and never touched my brakes
I actually had to get back on the throttle to get to the shutdown

I was talking about on the street not a wide open closed course.
so u don't know anyone that does motecs/standalones? I just said I'm gonna get after brakes.. its got rotors and pads and lines and levers... do u have all this nonsense on ure bike? cycle tek/PC/microtec/ams2000... air pump?

I am caution on the street. I don't care what you have for brakes and suspension
Busa is Lowered and streched so Even with the Stock suspension I can drag parts

I spent a summer on GixerHp's old oil cooled GSXR1100 with STUPID good suspension and Brakes
Still could get into trouble with that

Cars win. I only F around where I know the roads and can see traffic
OR I go to a secret proving ground in Mexico :-)

I am caution on the street. I don't care what you have for brakes and suspension
Busa is Lowered and streched so Even with the Stock suspension I can drag parts

I spent a summer on GixerHp's old oil cooled GSXR1100 with STUPID good suspension and Brakes
Still could get into trouble with that

Cars win. I only F around where I know the roads and can see traffic
OR I go to a secret proving ground in Mexico :-)
thank you... u wanna talk about shitty brakes? how about something like a '56 chevy... THAT might get you in trouble... but we gotta use some common sense.. usually when I'm layin down power... its 2am down route 84...."the spot"

I ALWAYS expect cars to pull in front of me

I have had cars in the next lane freak out when I punched it behind them at 80 MPH
guy was so startled when the bike stood up and I started to ROCKET past, he drifted into my lane
I TRUST NO CARS

so u don't know anyone that does motecs/standalones? I just said I'm gonna get after brakes.. its got rotors and pads and lines and levers... do u have all this nonsense on ure bike? cycle tek/PC/microtec/ams2000... air pump?

Yes it’s the next big mod for mine, complete custom wire harness with motec and Seb NLR is the only one that touches my bike. The tuning of a motec system is where it’s at. I removed the air shifter and pump years ago as it seems to be more trouble then it was worth with a race tranny foot shifting is like butta so I prefer it that way. I still have the microtec setup currently and with all the electronics I have going on I have a few gremlins that are very irritating so I’ve been fed up with it for a long time and just want to get the final chapter of mods over with so I can actually enjoy the bike when I go out hunting. I can empathize with your frustration even though my wiring isn’t a mess the gremlins still exist.

Yes it’s the next big mod for mine, complete custom wire harness with motec and Seb NLR is the only one that touches my bike. The tuning of a motec system is where it’s at. I removed the air shifter and pump years ago as it seems to be more trouble then it was worth with a race tranny foot shifting is like butta so I prefer it that way. I still have the microtec setup currently and with all the electronics I have going on I have a few gremlins that are very irritating so I’ve been fed up with it for a long time and just want to get the final chapter of mods over with so I can actually enjoy the bike when I go out hunting. I can empathize with your frustration even though my wiring isn’t a mess the gremlins still exist.
yeah... I don't wanna ship this thing to Alabama... plus.. what are u gonna do ship it to Alabama every time u have a problem?

Back