Factory ignition timing

Stickman

Registered
Hi everyone.  We are running a turbo Hayabusa engine in a quad bike as the instigator of the super quads class in New Zealand & Australia.  We have gone away from the PCII and are now fitting a Motec M4. We want to know if anyone has access to the factory igniton maps (I realise there are different curves for each gear) or have manually maped these themselves with a timing light. We suspect that the factory mapping is reasonably aggressive but would like to confirm this. Regards. Cory.

I believe Seb and Walter at NLR are the Kings of Motec, I would check with those fellas
smile.gif

Thanks for that smithabusa. Not sure who NLR is? Being stuck down here in New Zealand sort of keeps us out of the loop.

Corey There's a couple of guys using Motecs in Vic AU in hillclimb cars, you may have seen one in NZ at your big hill climb event , (is your Quad in the dvd?)
If Seb at NLR can't help PM me your details and i'll forward them to Scott & Brett.

Hey OZBooster. We actually know Scott & he has offered us the MoTeC maps they are using. Still interested in getting a copy of the factory ignition map for our own interest & development. Cheers. Cory.

Back