Motec guys.. talk to me, who has experience?

go to FB look up Mike Mathews he is also on ISHOC and has one on his gen 1 drag bike . He also has a GSXR1000 drag bike , and changes his profile pics between the black / yellow 1000 , and all white gen ! bird . Both long ,and low

How dead set are you on Motec?

There’s a few other options that are just as capable, cost a lot less, and are American based companies.

MS3 Pro- I’ve done a few of these on hayabusa’s.

Fuel Tech- (FT500 or 600) the ecu is built in to a small touch screen with internal 7 bar map. I’m doing a 600 on a grudge bike here shortly based on how compact and easy to use the system is.

boosted.. I know who u are and seen the work.. u must be extremely proud.. espescially of the bikes featured in SSB. I just have reservations about sending the bike to texas... the bike doesn't have any problems, however I would like to get the whole thing rewirded for my peace of mind... and have only one box controlling the fun... seems all the most talented guys near me don't wanna do it.. also.. if I do have work done... I'm gonna clear it with my guy who has helped me so much already.

boosted.. I know who u are and seen the work.. u must be extremely proud.. espescially of the bikes featured in SSB. I just have reservations about sending the bike to texas... the bike doesn't have any problems, however I would like to get the whole thing rewirded for my peace of mind... and have only one box controlling the fun... seems all the most talented guys near me don't wanna do it.. also.. if I do have work done... I'm gonna clear it with my guy who has helped me so much already.

The previous owner of your bike talked with me extensively about him shipping the bike here for one of our powerblock systems. He was disgusted with how the wiring was on the bike.

To be honest, from a tuner standpoint, I can appreciate the convenience of only having to connect to one box.

But looking at the end user standpoint, a stand alone, especially a Motec, is a huge waste of money. I love using stand alone ecus, however I talk a lot of my customers out of them on gen 1s who are running the bikes primarily on the street.

I sell guys what the really need for what they are trying to accomplish. If you’d like to talk about that, feel free to give me a call.

I want a standalone... I cant keep up with the electrical problems..

Hey Dan - what possible electrical problems do you have? You have not even ridden this bike yet, am I right? If so, how many miles have you put on it, and what issues are you having? I will agree with you that whoever did all that wiring on that bike made a mess, but last time I saw your bike everything was functioning. And I don't believe that anything related to fueling or boost control is malfunctioning, tell me if I am wrong. If not, ride the damn thing already!

Hey Dan - what possible electrical problems do you have? You have not even ridden this bike yet, am I right? If so, how many miles have you put on it, and what issues are you having? I will agree with you that whoever did all that wiring on that bike made a mess, but last time I saw your bike everything was functioning. And I don't believe that anything related to fueling or boost control is malfunctioning, tell me if I am wrong. If not, ride the damn thing already!
You did a GREAT job... it runs great.. I'm just having issues with accessories installed on the bike that shouldn't be on there.. the hid headlight quit/the GiPro doesn't work.. all stuff u had nothing to do with but are driving me crazy.. and if I'm gonna rewire the whole bike I figured it would be worth a shot to see if anyone had experience (actual current users) of motec systems or any standalone guys. I'm just fishing.

I pulled the HID, pain in the arse In my opinion. These are very close to being as bright, no one even noticed I changed. They fit perfect, high beams work properly and they are instant. Also pass inspection.

PIAA Bulbs.JPG

My fear is that I'm just seeing the tip of the iceberg... Kinda like when a guy hands a bookie a light envelope.. its just the beginning... I guess ill do what I'm told.. but I don't like it.

My fear is that I'm just seeing the tip of the iceberg... Kinda like when a guy hands a bookie a light envelope.. its just the beginning... I guess ill do what I'm told.. but I don't like it.
Well if you rewire there will be a shake down period too. Like Frank said put some miles on it. only way to build confidence on a setup is to ride it.

After removing all that BS how much is still tapped in to the harness.

That wouldn't apply to the HIDs, pulling the ballasts and associated crap should leave you with the regular plugs for the lights . . . however, the GiPro is another story. Sometimes you get into things other people or shops have done and it's a rats nest . . .

That wouldn't apply to the HIDs, pulling the ballasts and associated crap should leave you with the regular plugs for the lights . . . however, the GiPro is another story. Sometimes you get into things other people or shops have done and it's a rats nest . . .
I know how to fix it.... take the fairings off... grab a fist full of wires.... YANK IT OUT.. reach back in there,,,, yank again... start from the beginning... too bad we cant use carbs.

Back