Mods 101

Fonzi

Registered
Pardon my ignorance, but i am a total newbie to the mods world. and just by reading a couple of your threads i see there are quite a bit.
I have a '08 busa that i dont really plan on racing (maybe in the future once i get more confidence(first busa))
Any suggestions on which could help me and be worth it.

Can i get a little help with some info in simple terms please.

1) Power Commander
2) Air box Mod
3) Is Remapping required for exhausts
4) Full exhaust vs. slip-on

Thanks in advance for all the knowledge :thumbsup:

:welcome: FIRST THING DO YOU HAVE MONEY AFTER YOU BUYING THE BUSA TO DO ALL THE MODS. sOMEBOBY WILL GIVE A BETTER IDEA BUT IF i WERE YOU i DO THE FULL EXHAUST FIRST.

Performance first: Full exhuast with power commander and map for that system or custom map. Makes the bike come alive. THen on to other things.....:beerchug:

:welcome: to the oRg. Leave it stock and get use to it, by that time you should know if you're happy or not. If not go with a full exhaust and power commander with custom map, or other various performance options.

If you do a lot of night riding you might consider HIDs, but my '08 has great lights compared to the Gen I

Pazzo levers - shorties, tank cover :beerchug:

no no no no no,
FIRST thing you do is remove the warning stickers
SECOND thing you do is remove the reflectors
THEN you start working on performance and comfort

Whoa!!! slow down there buddy...like Gramps said ^^^^^leave it stock and get to know your bike first :beerchug:

Plenty of time to refinance the house and go mod crazy :rulez:

Im not planning on doing anything... yet im just doing some research if you will. just gathering info on everything that is out there so i have a better understanding of the stuff i read

Pardon my ignorance, but i am a total newbie to the mods world. and just by reading a couple of your threads i see there are quite a bit.
I have a '08 busa that i dont really plan on racing (maybe in the future once i get more confidence(first busa))
Any suggestions on which could help me and be worth it.

Can i get a little help with some info in simple terms please.

1) Power Commander
2) Air box Mod
3) Is Remapping required for exhausts
4) Full exhaust vs. slip-on

Thanks in advance for all the knowledge :thumbsup:

:welcome:...will try to explain some:

1) Power Commander (PC) - regulates Air/Fuel ratios and can tune (remap) your bike for further HP with it (needed for full exhaust, air box mod, mods)
2) Air box mod - you can do a search on here, but basically you take the flap out of the stock air box and it allows more air to get to engine...only do with full exhaust and with a PC.
3) Remapping is not always required with full exhausts but recommended to get most gains. Some radical exhausts like Brocks need remapping.
4) Full exhaust (4-2-1) is best and you lose about 30 lbs off the bike (from stock). Full allows engine to breathe better and you get about 8-12 hp gain. Slip-on has NO performance value but allows for a more throaty growl (all sound).

Hope this is what you were looking for and this helps...

i thought there is no air box mods for the gen 2...also remove the shovel on the back of the bike... use the reflector mounts to mount the plate when your done,..

Slip ons to me are a waste when talking performance. Also do the pair valve removal if you add full exhaust. It's nothing but wasted weight at that point.

Back