new to busas with some questions about exhaust

How about the stock exhaust system for Gen1 (fuel consumption etc.) Does the full exhaust modification with the headers realy gains 10hp?

Most aftermarket full exhausts with header and muffler(s) will give you around 10 more hp at the wheel, if the bike is properly tuned on a dynomometer(or has a base fuel map from Power Commander, ECU Editor, or similiar ecu tuning unit) Some are more, some are less, but it's an average to expect. It's also a noticeable improvement on idle and throttle response. It's nice to have the catalytic converter gone on 08 and newer Busa's too. Depending how easy you ride the bike you could see a small loss or gain in gas mileage, it's not a very significant change.

I'm gonna be in the same boat here shortly... the guy that is buying my Magna is coming Monday for it... then... ITS BUSA TIIIIIME!!!
Probably gonna go either yosh or 2 bro... carbon fiber def though for either

that is sweet..im not sure if i want a single or duel..

The Akrapovic pictured comes either way, the mufflers are almost identical except the one on the single side is a few inches shorter. And it's over $400 cheaper.

I'm gonna be in the same boat here shortly... the guy that is buying my Magna is coming Monday for it... then... ITS BUSA TIIIIIME!!!
Probably gonna go either yosh or 2 bro... carbon fiber def though for either

You can get a Vance&Hines universal ss header that works with ALL mufflers, including the stock ones. Should you decide you want to run Yoshi or TwoBrothers as duals instead of a single side.:thumbsup:

I made up my mind... Def going with the stainless slip ons that have just carbon fiber for the end cap... I hope the pics I have been looking at are the ones I want. The stainless on some look like a matt finish and some look real shiny/polished almost like chrome (which I like better). I hope the sound is low and throaty!

The Akrapovic pictured comes either way, the mufflers are almost identical except the one on the single side is a few inches shorter. And it's over $400 cheaper.

i must say that i am liking the duel look on the bike..i was never a big fan of duels but i am liking it on the busa..

did any one hear that ty force is going out?? i was thinking about them to ..i think they are the ones who bend pipes for graves motorsports..

hows the sound difference between the duel akra and single??

Not dramatic, and both have removeable silencers for a couple less decibles.
You really need to hear any exhaust in person. I haven't heard dual Akros on a gen2 yet either, but I like them on the gen1. The mufflers Akrapovic uses for each are basically the same aside from a couple inches in length.
The only real noticeable difference will be the obvious; the difference of hearing 2 mufflers as opposed to just one. Single sides can(but not always) sound a little higher pitched wide open than duals of any brand too. The Akrapovic single side makes around 1.5 more peak hp(you'll never notice it), but it's around $400 cheaper, obviously because there's less parts to pay for. I'de go with what you like the looks of.

You really need to hear any exhaust in person. I haven't heard dual Akros on a gen2 yet either, but I like them on the gen1. The mufflers Akrapovic uses for each are basically the same aside from a couple inches in length.
The only real noticeable difference will be the obvious; the difference of hearing 2 mufflers as opposed to just one. Single sides can(but not always) sound a little higher pitched wide open than duals of any brand too. The Akrapovic single side makes around 1.5 more peak hp(you'll never notice it), but it's around $400 cheaper, obviously because there's less parts to pay for. I'de go with what you like the looks of.

thanks sixpack577 i always liked the deep sound of an akra but im likin the look of the duels on my busa..im not sweating 1.5 hp loos between the duel and single... she has so much as it is..:bowdown:

i just got the akra.ill be posting it soon...it is so sweet..

just picked up an '11 busa, tryin to pick out tha exhaust deff goin with the yosh r77- but my concern is not having a cat. with the full exhaust will it throw a code for that. and is it a must to get the bike tuned after the full exhuast (ive read yes and no). if its to much hassle will just get the dual slip on the price diff. is only around 50 bux.

Back