exhaust question

bowwow

Registered
I took the mufflers off of my 07 stock busa. The sound is exactly what I'm looking for. Will this hurt my bike to run it like this? I still have the mid pipes on which have some kind of baffle in them. I see all kinds of ads for simple exhaust tips that go on the end of the header pipes. Are these for show or go?

Performance wise you'll loose out if you run no can or just some simple exhaust tip for the mid pipe.

Will it hurt your engine... no. Is it good for the way your engine is tunned... NO.

(bowwow @ Aug. 06 2007,05:44) I took the mufflers off of my 07 stock busa. The sound is exactly what I'm looking for. Will this hurt my bike to run it like this? I still have the mid pipes on which have some kind of baffle in them. I see all kinds of ads for simple exhaust tips that go on the end of the header pipes. Are these for show or go?
I know what you mean! I got a few different tips for mine and I ended up just using the midpipes. Sounds good. My mph was the exact same btw at the track with the stock pipes vs just midpipes!

Good luck on that hearing thingy

12_6_12.gif

(Johnnycheese @ Aug. 08 2007,04:02) you will add 1 hp without the cans but use the midpipe. and  you can daily ride this way
hey JC glad you're back in business!
beerchug.gif

Is that 1hp only at peak or top of revs? What's the area under the curve look like?

Been riding like that for quite a while now .......no problems !
wink.gif

Aug._2007_Black_mid_pipes_001.jpg

Back