silversvt26

Registered
Looking to replace the stock canisters on my 2009 with either;
GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa GP Extrem 07 - 11 [EX-00130] - $224.00
or
GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa Carbon GP 07 - 11 [EX-00131] - $160.00
or possibly,
2009 HAYABUSA EXHAUST FATTY PIPES CHROME SLIP ON LOOK!! | eBay
My question if for people with experience using slip-ons on genII. Even with the marble mod, did you have any performance issues and still some popping on decel? Some people say the marble mod will work fine but then I hear others say they still get some popping. What about your performance through the all gears?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I don't like the 1st two at all. the chrome ones are okay but you would be better off saving up a few more dollars and going with a nice set of slip ones. If I was forced to pick one of the first two it would be the carbon one.

Looking to replace the stock canisters on my 2009 with either;
GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa GP Extrem 07 - 11 [EX-00130] - $224.00
or
GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa Carbon GP 07 - 11 [EX-00131] - $160.00
or possibly,
2009 HAYABUSA EXHAUST FATTY PIPES CHROME SLIP ON LOOK!! | eBay
My question if for people with experience using slip-ons on genII. Even with the marble mod, did you have any performance issues and still some popping on decel? Some people say the marble mod will work fine but then I hear others say they still get some popping. What about your performance through the all gears?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

You don't have to worry about performance gains, you might have some losses.

Thanks for the replies.
I guess what I was really wondering is when you go through the power bands, do you get any hesitation or popping? Or does the popping only occur on hard decelaration from higher rpm range.
Just trying to decide if I want to get one and do the marble mod if hardly ever pops or if I really need to wait until I can afford to be able to get it tuned properly.

The only loss would be weight for which every 10lbs equates to .1-.2 in the 1/4 mile...which is like gaining hp in some respect. hp/weight ratio.

Well I've seen too many reports of losses when someone does this friend. Probably due to a change in back pressure that possibly has an impact on valve seating. :dunno:

The only loss would be weight for which every 10lbs equates to .1-.2 in the 1/4 mile...which is like gaining hp in some respect. hp/weight ratio.

Noise does not add HP...in many cases people have gone with the shorty tips and LOST HP!
Posted via Mobile Device

I got a pair of Two Bros slipons for my 08 and they sound great and no popping. I have not done the marble mod either. Sounds great.

Not trying to thread jack, but I have a question about a product this company has. I'm looking at this Gen I exhaust.

GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa Carbon GP 98 - 06 [EX-00010] - $160.00

Am I correct in assuming 98-06 is a typo? It should be 07 correct? I didn't think anything changed for 07, they have their other exhaust listed as 07-11....

Maybe they thought Gen II started in 07?

Edit: also when going through their website it works out to $218.80 shipped. But when done through ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carb...torcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_6077wt_939

Its $255 shipped? wtf

By the way, that 1st one actually looks and sounds incredible IMO. I just ordered it for my K7.

[URL="
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've seen too many reports of losses when someone does this friend. Probably due to a change in back pressure that possibly has an impact on valve seating. :dunno:

Was this with no other mods? Otherwise did the get a tune after the install and lose power or did they just bolt on the cans and lose HP. There is a guy who raced my friends 700+ HP car and beat him, his Busa was stock except for some cans, the vid is on YouTube and is a kings of the street vid.

Noise does not add HP...in many cases people have gone with the shorty tips and LOST HP!
Posted via Mobile Device

Understood, I didn't suggest that simply making more noise did anywhere, but understanding volumetric efficiency it is well known that the easier air can be drawn through and exit an internal combustion motor that more power can be made, less restriction, less back pressure always equates to more power. My guess is those bikes were not tuned properly after the exhaust mods were made.

Most drag bikes and cars use straight pipes, track too.

Back