A newbie exhaust question...

nddragon01

Registered
What's up everyone.

I'm looking to get a pair of high mount slip-ons from HMF and had a question for you guys with experience in replacing and modding the exhaust.

Am I going to have to get a power commander III to correct the air/fuel ratio after adding the slip-ons? Or will the bike still perform fine without having to re-map the AFR? I know with my old bike, I had a K&N air filter and an aftermarket exhaust and I had to have a jet kit installed because the bike was running way too lean.

So far the dual high mount slip-ons is the only performance mod. When more stuff gets added, the power commander will have to be used. But what about with just the exhaust mod?

I have the low HMFs but my performance didn't "feel" different. I haven't dyno'd and I don't have a PC.

Some folks have put on slip-ons and had a performance drop and others have not so.....take it for what it's worth.

Post pics and welcome to the financial vacuum!

Thanks for the input. For now, a slight loss in power is acceptable...I'll correct that in the future when I add more mods and eventually get the power commander. I just wanted to be sure that the bike will run normally and not be so leaned out that it doesn't run smoothly (or detonate the engine...)

Ah yes, and thanks for the welcome! Financial vacuum...very well put...

Back