Exhaust Question

Busatuner05

Registered
Ok so im liking the yoshi full exhaust, people keep telling me to just get slip ons cuz it looks better... ok i think the single looks good and cuz it actually has a function. my question is what do you guys think the best full exhaust is for the busa? I want a broad powerband with concentrating on mid to high power. i dont care about the big numbers cuz we all know its not always the big number guys that win. i know i need a PC for remapping as well. opinions greatly appreciated. i thought it be a better idea to ask sucha great site that knows what works then going off of what other non busa people say.

Just read a post of 6-8 systems dyno comparison, said HMF dual system made most HP.

Otherwise pick the one you like, of the major manufacturers none of them are a piece of crap that will fall apart on you so with single-digit differences in HP it all comes down to what YOU want to look at and hear on your bike.
smile.gif

You will get a ton of different answers on this one so here is mine.  After reading all the posts here about FULL vs. S/O, I went with a FULL exhaust by YOSH (4-2-1).  I also considered the fact that Yosh and Suzuki have been working together for so many years.  It didn't hurt that I paid $450 for mine (used on ebay).

Will be doing the marble mod, BMC Race air filter, PCIII and dyno/tune.

4 - 2 - 1 is the way to go. Less weight on the bike, and a lot less if you go Titanium, but a lot more that SS. It also gave me a lot more HP too!

004sm.JPG

Hey, you gotta go with what you like. I did the Akrapovic Bolt-ons and the PCIII USB, marble mod and small airbox mod, and got very lucky with my results. After the tune, it runs amazingly well and I am more than happy with the performance. Oh yeah, and a TRE. That TRE probably did the trick
smile.gif

dyno.png

Many pipes out there, quality, performance and looks......thats the order for me.
beerchug.gif

(Shibumi @ Jul. 15 2007,16:57) Just read a post of 6-8 systems dyno comparison, said HMF dual system made most HP.

Otherwise pick the one you like, of the major manufacturers none of them are a piece of crap that will fall apart on you so with single-digit differences in HP it all comes down to what YOU want to look at and hear on your bike.
smile.gif
What is the "dual system?" I'm guessing you end up with two exhausts, not 4-2-1?

As asked this is a photo of my 2004 LE, that got wrecked in 2005. This is the side of the bike that slid 200 ft before stopping. Note the (whats left) slider in the photo. It did a pretty good job of protecting the side of the bike. Unfortunately hitting a car at 50 mph is hard even on the mighty Busa!
Since this is a thread about exuast systems, this photo was taken one day before I was going to installed the Arata Titanium system you now see above on my 2006 bike.

smbike_wreck_005.jpg

(FAVahalik @ Jul. 15 2007,21:54)
(Shibumi @ Jul. 15 2007,16:57) Just read a post of 6-8 systems dyno comparison, said HMF dual system made most HP.

smile.gif
What is the "dual system?" I'm guessing you end up with two exhausts, not 4-2-1?
Correct- 4-2-2, keeps original appearance of dual exhausts. I don't have them to post a pic, but they look badass.

They are also the most difficult exhaust system there is to install. Ask around, you will use and learn more obscenities than most languages support...
laugh.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

pissed.gif

Yeah i like the full yoshi exhaust. i have heard they sound good but not the best. thanks for all ur help guys.

EDIT: Searched and searched and I cant find stuff on the exhaust comparison. I guess the search continues... lol.

Back