another air box mod ???

Im not saying there isn"t any good info. on this thread.Im saying there is great info.but not enough from different people with different results due to maps,filters,stacks,etc.good or bad.I was in search of honest educated opinions & facts on this mod
lurk.gif

I purchased the moded air box & had several org.members donate there maps for comparison.It isnt a matter of just doing it.it was just my attempt at alittle research & wanting to help other busa owners with any questions on this mod.this is a busa forum right?maybe I would get a warmer recieption if I did a poll on the best color for a busa or some current event that is not busa related.

Switched air boxes yesterday & tried several passes on the ASS dyno.
first,I chose the map I felt would be best by feel,charts,altitude.
second,I ran the stock filter,k/n & bmc.(you can feel & hear a difference with the bmc race filter.)so obviously I chose the bmc race.
To make a very very looong story short.
The air box mod actually hurts your performance when it has a stock exhaust.when the exhaust is replaced(in this case a rs3 full system)you will diffently benefit from the mod ONLY WITH THE PROPER MAP.The sound from the air box is impressive,the rpm's climb way faster & the ASS dyno went off the charts.LOL.
While checking to see which filter,air box(stock & small mod)ran best I ran across another issue the T.R.E.
I found that a map supplied by a Org.member that does not run a tre. & has properly tuned without one.I have diffently seen for myself that with a proper map you will not need a tre.I turned off my GI pro & it ran smooth like it did when i first installed it.I was a believer in this tre.but now it will diffently stay off.

We rent irwindale race way for a day for our customers to run there cars we built.Im either going to buy all full race leather & try this again at pomona or wait till november to go back to irwindale.there isnt a local dyno around here that will do a busa so the next thing is a good old fasion flogging at the track.When I get around to it (if life permits)I will go to the track & post my #'s with the different maps,filters,air boxes,tre,v stacks & maybe sprockets.

Back