Small air box mod

I know I'm resurrecting an EXTREMELY old thread, but it's one that deserves to be seen more often by our fellow Busa lovers! I finally did this mod since I had the tank up because of the increased "deceleration pop" I've been having (I did the "Marble mod" to fix that). While the tank was up, I said "What the heck" and got my dremel out and went to work! Then one thing led to another and I found myself in Advance Auto picking up some new spark plugs!! And I am SOOOOOOOO happy I did, because part of my issue was that 2 of my plugs (left side) were loose!!! WTF?? So loose, I could take them out with just the spark plug socket!!! Hmmmmm I wonder how THAT was possible!! Well that's another thread in itself! After doing these three things (air box mod, marble mod and spark plugs), my baby rode extremely well! Tomorrow I'll take her out for a nice ride and really check out the differences. Thanks again GIXERHP!!

How about the rest? Fuel map, Lamda active?

so let me see if i got this right if i leave the pair valve on i can justplug the hose witha marble or if i remove it i can add block off plates and plug the lines

I made my own block off plates by cutting the hoses off welding the little holes shut and bolting them right back on... plugging the where the lines went.

Just did most of this mod tonight as well as plugged off pair hose!! My question is how did you guys get all the little pieces of plastic outta airborne after all the cutting not thinking they would be good getting in engine. Also just have to plug flapper valve hose right and pair hose? Everything else gets hooked back up?

Plug the hose to the valve. As for the debris use a Blow gun or a Vacuum

I will do both vacuums and blow gun just wondered if I don't get everything if it's harmful? And yeah flapper hose plugged and pair hose plugged as well as pair hole on air box.

Obviously a old thread but for all of you new guys like me this mod worked perfect. Did it to my 06 and did it exactly like the op said and all I can say is WOW! The best part is my bike was having a hard time starting at 40 degrees. It would start then run like crap then die a couple times before finally idiling right. Did this mod and no joke bike started on a 30 degree morning first try with no surges and no dying. Just like others have said bike pulls like a freight train now through the low end and rpms come on a lot faster. Bike runs smoother and harder than ever!

Back