Modifications

gaw

Registered
Happy New Year to All  
smile.gif

I am not a big modification freak.  I bought my Busa this past summer and got some things for Christmas, so I have spent my time off working on the Busa.

I removed the pair valve
Installed clear lenses on front and rear
Removed the overgrown rear fender
Installed smaller rear turn signals
Installed a BMC air filter
Added D&D slip-ons

Also have air horns and frame sliders, but that is for another day.

I took my time and between family activities, short work week, and football games I finished the mods on new years day.
My wife asked me why am I doing this, she sees no reason for it. "I just don't understand" Funny thing is my wife rides and will not allow me to modify her bike in any way. Because she rides I know she does not have a problem with the bike itself.  She really enjoys riding, so it is not a thing she does becasue I want her too.

Although I can not complain, she does not complain about me making the mods.

I realize that my modifications are minor compared to many on this board.  If I were to do the major modification I wonder what she would say?  
wow.gif

I was just wondering what other wifes/husbands/SO have to say about the modifications you make to your bikes.

Lets all have a safe and crash free year.

Ride safe  
eyes.gif

I think alot of people mod for the fun of modding. It's an enjoyable hands on hobbie. If you can, and like building things with your hands and improving it, have fun! Your wife is female and will never understand the 'Boy's Toys' concept since she's programmed for procreation and nesting.
smile.gif
Inversely you don't understand how she can talk to her mama on teh phone for 2 hours solid. ;)
She enjoys the the 'ride' part of riding. And that's great! Now, if your bike is always offline getting modded when she wants to go riding WITH you, that's another matter.
biggrin.gif

I bought my bike for everything it does so I don't have to mod it. I lack the knowledge, tools, time and interest to mod. I did remove my reflectors and added riser bars for my back, and I'll be having my mech safety wire it and maybe add frame sliders but I'm leaving it stock. Just my thang. Enjoy every facet fo this hobby!!!!!

Yeah I don't understand how my girlfriend can buy Lotions and Lip balm, she has two giant rubbermaid tubs full of them!!! She doesn't understand why I would want to make any modifications to the bike either. When I cut off the fender she just kept asking why. But afterwards she said it looked a lot better than stock.

My wife like's appearance mods on her bike, but not performance related. She doesn't see the point of any type of mods on her truck.

She doesn't care what I do to my car or bike, in fact she looks forward to every mod I do.
smile.gif

I'm single. Nobody to bitch about me bein' broke on a modded busa except ME. Hehehehehehehehe...
laugh.gif

And with the stuff I've bought just recently, my paint stuff, and some stuff I'm about to order I'm gonna be one BROKE ASS!!!
eek2.gif
drooling3.gif

Inversely you don't understand how she can talk to her mama on teh phone for 2 hours solid.  
Yea, I dont get that one, but I am not a phone person.

Goes back to the idea, guys speak in BOLD print,
Gals speak in fine print.

TP: my wife will always look at the bike and usually she really likes what I have done, but she still wonders.  
rock.gif

Ride safe  
eyes.gif

My wife says the same thing...

She doesn't understand the mod thing either. I already have an extremely powerful bike... Why do I need a PC2, HMF exhaust and undertail for the price tag of $1500? I'm like its my hobby, and it will mike the busa like no other around! She still doesn't get it, but it fine with it. So long as I do not go crazy and try to spring for a turbo or something. I am going to get these mods soon, come tax season. Next up after this is the paint job.

She is good to me, but I support her in her hobbies that do not matter to me also. Why would someone need to spent like 20 bucks on a pair of scissors? Because it makes this cool looking scrap book. Do I care or understand? No, but it is important to her, just as my exhaust to me. Thats how we do it anyways...

The day I brought my Busa home my wife is the one that told me about this web site, she was already looking for accessory's for my bike, She is also the one who recommended I get the double bubble wind screen.

She found a site that sells sliders and told me about it, and also recommended I get some slip ons. Of course she is also the one that when I bought my Z-71, she mentioned how nice it would look lifted with big tires on it lol..

and I have a 454 sitting in my back yard that I plan on dropping in her Camaro (once I find it lol) She is excited about that.

I am blessed with a pretty cool wife, if I have the money to do mods she has no problem with it, on the other hand I need to respect the fact that if I don’t have the money for mods my family has to come first..

She does ask me often if my life insurance is up to date, cant figure out why she is so interested lol

Ron

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073136589 -->

Mine can't figure why I want to make my bike faster. I try and tell her that men are addicted to material things and the need to be superior. (I think) Anyway, I myself, am addicted to HP!! I want to see the limits that my bike will take me. ( the limits of my bank account also) Mod away!!
cool.gif

My wife is very cool about mods I want to do to my bikes. Right now I am completely restoring my 1988 R100RS BMW. I don't think I'll ever ride in much, but it was a great bike in its day. Will be installing a topgun undertail and tire hugger within the next month or so. Easy to spend money on the Busa when there is snow on the ground.

My wife dosen't understand either. She asks what for when I mention Tobin seats or an undertail. I tell her because it looks cool and makes it more comphy.

She just dosen't understand.
sad.gif

my wife wishes i would get my bike stolen or anything so she doesnt have to see it agian
she hates it
and hates it even more when ni put money in it
its a soar subject in my house

This is funny to me now because I used to be just like your wife is...my husband and I both bought Harleys, and he immediatley started modifying it. I never understood why he needed to spend more money on something that already set us back a bit, but he continued to change this and that over the years...

It wasn't until I bought the Busa that I was bitten by the "mod bug". In fact, I convinced my husband that I no longer wanted the Harley because they all need to be modified so much, why not just buy something that already has cool things like gas gauges and tachs!?
biggrin.gif

Now, just 5 months later, my list of mods for the Busa has the hubby wondering why I ever told him "I want a motorcycle that I don't have to do a thing to..." Undertail kit in the garage waiting for me, Busa's been lowered, plans to work on getting more storage room from the hump, talk of one day having some custom paint, plans to put screens over vents, and I want chrome!!! Yeah, I really messed up by saying I wanted this bike because I wouldn't have to modify it!

My guess...your wife doesn't have exactly what she wants yet! You don't have the bike that suits you unless you start modifying it! The Harley never did it for me, so I moved up to the Busa!
biggrin.gif
Buy that girl something else!
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

Nothing may be left alone...nothing.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073326216 -->

I'm single. Nobody to bitch about me bein' broke on a modded busa except ME. Hehehehehehehehe...
laugh.gif

And with the stuff I've bought just recently, my paint stuff, and some stuff I'm about to order I'm gonna be one BROKE ASS!!!  
eek2.gif

drooling3.gif
thats me too....nobody to bitch at me about what I do or spend on my bike...plus I like wrenching on stuff too. I get a certain satisfaction workin on my own vehicles.

laugh.gif

eek2.gif

drooling3.gif
thats me too....nobody to bitch at me about what I do or spend on my bike...plus I like wrenching on stuff too.  I get a certain satisfaction workin on my own vehicles.
Advantages & disadvantages to everything!

We call it an engineering trade-off.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Just tell her the more you mod, the more you will love her...
evil.gif
biggrin.gif

I don't wanna be there when someone says that.....sh*t would is going to hit the fan
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Back