home mortgage modification, has any....

no, undoubtedly there are some people that are in genuine need but here is the other point.. many if not most bought way beyond their means.. Others cashed out equity when they should have not..

The thing is that we as a country are in a LOT of trouble due to entitlement programs.. the system has been bled dry by a lot of people that should not have taken a dime... the point comes where it is going to destroy the country as a whole...

Where do you say stop? how do you stop the fraud and abuse? when is enough finally enough? we have dished out over 2 TRILLION in stimulus... where the heck is it?

I mean I feel bad for those in dire straights but if we kill the cow.... who will survive?

Also, I have taken on numerous odd duties and jobs to keep my financial status good... How come I do not get a 50% reduction in my loan principal ?

Is someone who for what ever reason unemployed more worthy than myself that has been employed forever and never drawn a dime of entitlement money from the govt? (including school loans) I know it sounds callous but I am mad that I get to pay for an entire house when the guy down the street sits in the yard, drinking beer and gets to pay half as much for the same home....

guess I am stuck in a conundrum... yes there are some that need it but who? how do you sort out "lazy" or someone taking advantage over the guy that is killing himself to stay above water? a month or six behind is a lousy indicator...

i wish i could seat in back yard and drink beer all day or get another part time job but my job requires full time and i work 6 days a week 9am to 9pm ( business hrs) and sunday that we are close i am at work looking for business. auto business is not what is use to be, i can quit and get a job doing something else and make same amount of money but high pay job, there are nothing out there!

The Obama Mortgage Relief Program - In short;

The real problem with foreclosure lies in loans that Fannie and Freddie do not have a lot to do with - the nonconforming market, sub-prime loans, a lot of alternative-A loans, some jumbo loans - and that's where most of the foreclosures are occurring and will occur. And they don't benefit from that part of 'the plan'.

"President OBAMA: Here is what this means. If lenders and homebuyers work together, and the lender agrees to offer rates that the borrower can afford, then we'll make up part of the gap between what the old payments were and what the new payments will be."

And in addition, the government would provide incentives to mortgage servicer's, including a thousand dollars for every modified loan. The program would be voluntary, although any financial institution should take rescue money from the government in the future would be required to participate.

The president estimated 3 to 4 million homeowners would be aided by this part of the plan. This element of the package depends too much on interest-rate reductions. He argues that given just how far home values have fallen, reducing principal on loans is necessary to halt foreclosures quickly.

Of that ever increasing number, to date only approximately 500,000 homes have qualified within the programs guidelines.

Usually, and as observed above, disqualification can come when, by the guidelines, when a persons assets are viewed, if they hold too much it is viewed as a sign that they could afford the payments and they are denied accordingly.

And if you want to start drawing arrows in the proverbial sand as to who to blame, you might want to look deep into who's actual hands were out when these programs were sold by the Investor's who made these programs with their loose guidelines, Loan Officers who sold them, to whomever would buy the house; whether a pulse was obtained or not! That's right, mortgages were being sold with deceased persons on title! (because, no one cared! it was worthy of being sold on open markets to gain widely except profit!)

Continuing, the paper (mortgage notes) would go onto Banks that would then sell/trade the paper, sometimes in bulk, then hedge fund managers fueled by other investors would trade onto exponential markets that bet against outrageous odds sending profits into the trillions.

So where does the fall? Who exactly DO we place blame onto? Whether you sit in a well paid off mortgage or home that has no mortgage, we are are somewhat guilty of excess and our society, judging from our homes to our toys ,,, to our morbidly obese bodies and onto our failing health. We were all told that it was "okay" to tap into our ever falsely increasing equities as if it were an ATM. SPEND, SPEND, SPEND was the mantra!

Those that actually can sit back with their armchair mentality and wag their fingers, saying, 'See, I told you so!" are of the extreme few and far between. We all wanted the best for ourselves and just went with what was being offered thinking it WAS a good thing. No one had a crystal ball, if we could have seen this coming, no sane person would have entered into it. No one!

i'm about to loose my job at the end of next mos.

dropping or renego. rate is fine

"reducing principal on loans is necessary to halt foreclosures quickly." giving people $ to lower their principal is plain stupid. if they can't afford the house after a rate drop , then so be it.

we cannot as a country save everybody..........

shawnski, sorry to hear about your sit. luckily my wife makes enough and we can float w/ her income.

i'm about to loose my job at the end of next mos.

dropping or renego. rate is fine

"reducing principal on loans is necessary to halt foreclosures quickly." giving people $ to lower their principal is plain stupid. if they can't afford the house after a rate drop , then so be it.

we cannot as a country save everybody..........

shawnski, sorry to hear about your sit. luckily my wife makes enough and we can float w/ her income.

yeah.. one income here and maybe time for me to look for SUGAR MAMA!:laugh:
sorry about your job situation!

But we all know the "Life isnt fair, suck it up" saying. You dont see me crying about social security. I'm 26, and ill be paying for another 40 years into something I will probably NEVER see. I pay taxes like everyone else, but you dont see me saying "that guy shouldnt be getting any kind of relief"

As the republicans liked to say. "if you dont like it in this country, you can leave"
at 26, you have not been part of the tax paying masses very long.. you have missed dozens of years of entitlements that would make you made enough to raise your voice... The time will come... I can promise you, the time will come..

Shawnski I was not singling anyone out, certainly not you..

but lets say you have done all the cutting, cost savings, every sacrifice possible to make your payments.. At that point you have no reserves left and your house payment is current..

The the guy down the street has done nothing except to quit making his house payment 4 or 6 months ago and lives the same lifestyle he has been.... (I know a person that did this)

WHY would you be SOL and he gets some golden parachute program... just makes no sense and is absolutely against every principal this country was founded on.. The guy doing his utmost should be cut some slack if possible.. The other guy? maybe he needs some "reality"

I agree with you Bogus, it's frustrating. On one hand you want to help people that are truly in need, but on the other hand alot of the ones receiving the help are driving around in nicer vehicles than most of us and eating out all the time. A guy I work with is complaining about struggling and is in the process of getting some assistance from the government. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, however this is the same guy bragging about his brand new 5 series BMW. Meanwhile I'm driving around in a vehicle 7 yrs old that is paid for so I can budget my money. My credit is outstanding, but by the time the guy above gets help from the government he'll probably be paying a lower interest rate than I am. Just doesn't make sense. :poke:

at 26, you have not been part of the tax paying masses very long.. you have missed dozens of years of entitlements that would make you made enough to raise your voice... The time will come... I can promise you, the time will come..

but lets say you have done all the cutting, cost savings, every sacrifice possible to make your payments.. At that point you have no reserves left and your house payment is current..

The the guy down the street has done nothing except to quit making his house payment 4 or 6 months ago and lives the same lifestyle he has been.... (I know a person that did this)

WHY would you be SOL and he gets some golden parachute program... just makes no sense and is absolutely against every principal this country was founded on.. The guy doing his utmost should be cut some slack if possible.. The other guy? maybe he needs some "reality"

ahhh so because ive given less that means I have less of a say or complain about... Weird how this place works.

I agree with you Bogus, it's frustrating. On one hand you want to help people that are truly in need, but on the other hand alot of the ones receiving the help are driving around in nicer vehicles than most of us and eating out all the time. A guy I work with is complaining about struggling and is in the process of getting some assistance from the government. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, however this is the same guy bragging about his brand new 5 series BMW. Meanwhile I'm driving around in a vehicle 7 yrs old that is paid for so I can budget my money. My credit is outstanding, but by the time the guy above gets help from the government he'll probably be paying a lower interest rate than I am. Just doesn't make sense. :poke:

Maybe you should file for some assistance then??

yes...they are some people take advantage of system but believe me with all the paperwork and documents i filled to prove hardship, i doubt that those people that they fake it they can get away with it.
it took me a week to do all the paperwork and it is pretty thick and detailed to cheat their system!...and that is why the percentage of the approval are very low!

Last edited:
Maybe you should file for some assistance then??

A) So far I've been able to tighten my budget to pay my bills so why would I ask for you (taxpayer) to pay it for me?

B) I don't think think I would be approved considering I'm not behind on anything.

My point was that I've had to make decisions to do without so I could maintain what I have. As said earlier, there are some out there that do deserve the help, but there needs to be better checks and balances in place to ensure others that don't deserve it don't get it.

Back