Modifications

Modifications - How much have you spent?

• $0       - $499       Basically Stock

Votes: 140 100.0%
  • $500    - $999       Minor Changes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1,000 - $1,999     Becoming Noticeable

• $2,000 - $2,999     Significant Mods

• $3,000 - $3,999     Attention Grabbing Mods

• $4,000 - $4,999     Becoming Obsessive

• $5,000 - Higher      Redefinning My Busa

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to keep it real. I use mine as a daily driver to SF.
The more ya put on the more you have to replace when
you get hit. Any trust me you'll get hit some day. AAAssjani.gif

This is easy. The only things I have done to my bike is a tank bra(which might go away)for $30, a set of Plasma Glow Xenon Headlights for $15 and the insurance company bought me my mufflers.

Okay.. sorry about that guys.. the voting should work again.  One of the modifications I added effected the way that us super admins see the polls.. I didn't have a clue that it broke it for normal members.  Anyways.. its fixed now.. vote away!

BTW.. if you see something wrong like that send me a message!!  I just happened to stumble across the topic and noticed you people complaining smile.gif.

Feel free to throw something at me for breakin it <span style='color:red'>this time</span>...

-1 tooth front sprocket and a TON of throttle, the bike still scares the crap out of me. When I think about upgrading, I give it a "dirtbike throttle" grip, and this bike tries to rip my arms off.

I love when people ask "dood this what you need, First a full system, then shave the head, then get a turbo and a stretched swing arm, then you need to PC3, cams, NOS, overbore kit, etc...."

I'm like WHOA! this isnt a f*ckin GS500, it already has 162rwhp!

For some people, there is no end to how much power they want. No thanks, I'll keep it mostly stock and use all the power I have with an aggressive throttle hand. Some sick people out there

Mike

I'VE ENJOYED MOD-ING MY BIKE BUT MY BANK MANAGER STATES OTHER WISE AND SO DOES MY GIRLFRIEND. I GET A SUDDEN SPATE OF DEAFNESS, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE ENJOYED MOD-ING MY BIKE BUT MY BANK MANAGER STATES OTHER WISE AND SO DOES MY GIRLFRIEND. I GET A SUDDEN SPATE OF DEAFNESS, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!
I've done quite a bit of work to my bike...But I did the polishing myself...Still have a few pieces to go...By the way your bike looks a lot like mine...So I would say that I'm collectively well in to the 3g's area...

Same here. Probably closer to $3500. Glad there is no wife to question me. I do put in a lot of overtime to pay for this stuff though. With the purchase of the new house, I have to be miserly.

Brian

Same here.  Probably closer to $3500.  Glad there is no wife to question me.  I do put in a lot of overtime to pay for this stuff though.  With the purchase of the new house, I have to be miserly.

Brian
I feel you an that...My bike goes as OT flows... wink.gif

-1 tooth front sprocket and a TON of throttle, the bike still scares the crap out of me. When I think about upgrading, I give it a "dirtbike throttle" grip, and this bike tries to rip my arms off.

I love when people ask "dood this what you need, First a full system, then shave the head, then get a turbo and a stretched swing arm, then you need to PC3, cams, NOS, overbore kit, etc...."

I'm like WHOA! this isnt a f*ckin GS500, it already has 162rwhp!

For some people, there is no end to how much power they want. No thanks, I'll keep it mostly stock and use all the power I have with an aggressive throttle hand. Some sick people out there

Mike
im with you, i plan to keep it simple, easy to fix if anything goes wrong

I voted 4k-5k, but as i went back to check i'm well over 5k---i save my reciepts for insurance reasons. Oh well I'm pretty sure this is my last sportsbike, so i might as well do it right. I'm gonna do a cruiser next, or a custom built, or ..... naw i'm not obsessive about bikes

Click the link below. See the parts. See the appraisal. about 8000 so far plus I have yet to install these parts already purchased:
Carbon fiber rimmed with irridium double bubble windscreen=350; HID headlight=150;black SS brake and clutch lines with gold banjos=150;strobes for the front turns=50;speedhut guages=150;

And there is 30000+ more to come: olins road and track front and rear = 3000; brembo front and rear=5000, head work and cams=2600, turbo MCXpress=7000; Blackstone carbon fiber rims=3300; Single sided swingarm dymag = 3000; titanium bolts and axles=1400; frame polished=600;goldplating of grab bar,master cyl covers, rear passenger hangers, gas cap ring,1000;paint = 1000.

so all told in the end approx 2 more years from now about 60,000 invested. Not to mention the 15,000 for a new bike to ride and a trailer for the busa. I wont be able to ride it much after all this, it will be for show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back