Miracle Mod Airbox wrap

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone tried Miracle Mod airbox wrap? Performance & Perfection: Home They're claiming 4 to 7 hp by insulating the airbox. Lowering the temperature inside, thus cooler air going into the engine. Makes sense in theory. However, how long is the air going into your engine actualy staying in the airbox? And in this short period of time(however long it may actually be) how much does the air's temperature rise? Is it significant enough that a slightly cooler inner airbox temperature would make a noticeable gain in horsepower? Or in throttle response.
I'de like to hear someones thought's on this who has tried it. Or someone who has some real scientific knowhow.
If it really does work, $150 doesn't seem bad for the claimed gains.
Anybody???

BS.... You will gain more speed from the loss of the weight of the money out of your wallet... Belongs right along side of the Lord H exhaust and intake mods for $800

maybe if you are sitting still in traffic for 20 minutes idling and then make a dyno pull? you might see a small difference for a moment...

if you are running the bike on the track? fat chance.. the induction of fresh air from the outside world way out paces any possible radiant/convection heat gains from the air box..

BS.... You will gain more speed from the loss of the weight of the money out of your wallet... Belongs right along side of the Lord H exhaust and intake mods for $800

maybe if you are sitting still in traffic for 20 minutes idling and then make a dyno pull? you might see a small difference for a moment...

if you are running the bike on the track? fat chance.. the induction of fresh air from the outside world way out paces any possible radiant/convection heat gains from the air box..

That's what I'm thinkin

I don't think the posted power gains are accurate but if I was addressing everything from the chassis on up for RACE USE, keeping the air box cooler would be on my list.

Someone should actually test it first....lots of opinions no facts. I will donate $20.00 to the tester.

There is a heat sheild on the inner Gen II fuel tank for more than just fire protection...if it does not work (sheild heat from the tank) I am sure a cheaper option would be used. That part alone is not cheap when purchasing a replacement.

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinkin

I think there might be an old thread regarding this as well.

I don't think the posted power gains are accurate but if I was addressing everything from the chassis on up for RACE USE, keeping the air box cooler would be on my list.

Someone should actually test it first....lots of opinions no facts. I will donate $20.00 to the tester.
what makes you think insulated air boxes have not been tested before? how many you seen racing? It has been proven time and time again that cool air is what a motor wants.. Fresh air kits abound factory and aftermarket.. IF there was any power gain to be had in $100 insulation, I can promise you it would be all over the place in racing...

look dont take it personal but things like coated air boxes, methanol/water injection, insulated tubing and air boxes are all pretty old school things no matter how you try to spin it to "new"

Dyno readings do not make a race motor or even one that is successful... it is one part of a combination and often a motor with lower readings on the dyno will beat the tar out of a dyno mule with more power.. that dyno cell is not the panacea of go fast...

Last edited:
Tested on a Hayabusa, not a car or a boat in 2009 not the 1960's. I am not aware of any testing. Please someone save me an hour and show me some numbers. Would love to see someone else test stuff. Then if it does not perform get a refund. Three rolls of the good cold tape would be much cheaper. I know a bunch of pretty smart people use on the ZX-14 application for the same reason...to help deflect the heat from the airbox. Someone with a dyno and a solid testing cell give it a shot.

Last edited:
you think that because guys use or buy a product it works? ok, then cow magnets must make mileage....

it is not rocket science to find out that induction temps are within a degree or two of ambient going down the road on the busa.. (and yes I have had a airbox reading on the busa).. now tell me how many degrees it must come down to see a 1% increase in power..

I will bet you that I can make cooler charge air temps with a lot less money

(let me know when you invent the "cool can" ) :)

Last edited:
Has anyone tried Miracle Mod airbox wrap? Performance & Perfection: Home They're claiming 4 to 7 hp by insulating the airbox. Lowering the temperature inside, thus cooler air going into the engine. Makes sense in theory. However, how long is the air going into your engine actualy staying in the airbox? And in this short period of time(however long it may actually be) how much does the air's temperature rise? Is it significant enough that a slightly cooler inner airbox temperature would make a noticeable gain in horsepower? Or in throttle response.
I'de like to hear someones thought's on this who has tried it. Or someone who has some real scientific knowhow.
If it really does work, $150 doesn't seem bad for the claimed gains.
Anybody???

The rational sounds good :beerchug: but perhaps setting a block of dry ice in the airbox might yield the same results an cool the air a little better an it sure would be cheaper:thumbsup: I don't know if it his system works but 150.00 sounds steep

what makes you think insulated air boxes have not been tested before? how many you seen racing? It has been proven time and time again that cool air is what a motor wants.. Fresh air kits abound factory and aftermarket.. IF there was any power gain to be had in $100 insulation, I can promise you it would be all over the place in racing...

look dont take it personal but things like coated air boxes, methanol/water injection, insulated tubing and air boxes are all pretty old school things no matter how you try to spin it to "new"

Dyno readings do not make a race motor or even one that is successful... it is one part of a combination and often a motor with lower readings on the dyno will beat the tar out of a dyno mule with more power.. that dyno cell is not the panacea of go fast...

Just so you know I don't take anything you say personal. I would have to actually care. So please don't be confused.

The rational sounds good :beerchug: but perhaps setting a block of dry ice in the airbox might yield the same results an cool the air a little better an it sure would be cheaper:thumbsup: I don't know if it his system works but 150.00 sounds steep
Now the dry ICE idea with a proper holder and so forth is a great idea and I would also wrap the box and tune for it.

Last edited:
you are in the biz of selling parts...

a guy spends $500 on L. Humogoid stuff and the Lord told him he gained 40 hp...

You of all people should have tested some of this stuff before commenting.. just because guys have stuff does not make it work..

and I have not seen any Busa drag race bikes with $200 worth of insulation wrapped around the air box...

Getting a stock wheelbase 09 Gen II, lowered, footshifting with just a pipe-filter-Bazzaz to run 9.0's @ 154 MPH is fun if I can get the same bike to run 8.99 I will try. All of the mods were not on the suggested mods for the strip list based on the internet typers.... but we tried our own route. Disregarding the norm. The results ain't bad...thats why I look at everything myself. Someone test this stuff out and let me know, Cold Tape is much cheaper.

Last edited:
I'd wait for winter to up the HP. No mods, just a few months of waiting while I sip on $150 worth of brewskis waiting out win tear.... Oh, it's January! Time flies!

Hole lee sheet, I gained so much HP, I moved where it always snows! I have frost bike on my toes, but the frost bite took a huge jump in HP... Like maybe 1/2 a horse is azz.

Now, take that temp gun, remove the box after the bike was flogged for a few miles. What is our temp read hot? See, the bike must have been sitting outside and now the gun shoots the stock box. They bring it inside, wrap water heater blanket bits on it, and the gun shows a drop in temp being in the garage and the coating pulled the heat like a radiator.

If you sat in a room with the water heater jacket and the temp of all that is in the room evens out to the same room temp, did not that jacket reach the same room temp? Think about it.

Last edited:
I'd wait for winter to up the HP. No mods, just a few months of waiting while I sip on $150 worth of brewskis waiting out win tear.... Oh, it's January! Time flies!

Hole lee sheet, I gained so much HP, I moved where it always snows! I have frost bike on my toes, but the frost bite took a huge jump in HP... Like maybe 1/2 a horse is azz.
:rofl: CALCULATOR

I would be hard pressed to defend this guys trash myself:

Lower air intake temperatures up to 50°F

Horsepower is instant from 2000 - 15000+ rpm (more power at all times)

Your bike will run at cooler temperatures and cool down faster.

This modification feels stronger than a full exhaust system or gear change.

Power you can feel - it is night and day difference!

Drag racers - lower E.T.’s 2 to 4 tenths in the quarter mile

Road racers - lower lap times by 1 to 2 seconds

Stunt riding - more throttle control and low end power

Works with existing modifications which will make you even more power

from the Miracle Mod
you gotta be mental to buy this kind of sales hype.. 1 to 2 seconds off a lap time? I about peed my pants lauging... can you see some guy roll into a track and reset the track record by 2 seconds with an airbox mod? or reset the ET record by 3 or 4 tenths? :rofl:

I watch guys struggle to pull a couple tenths off a lap time over 2 miles or more.. this is like Carlo Rossi or Gadson in a can... :laugh:

I have had Rickey Gadson (9-Time Champ) on one of my short wheelbase bikes (motorcycle)..think he ran a 8.67 on motor with a 1.47 60 foot.. He would be the best person to test at the track, highly skilled rider. I doubt all of the claims are anywhere near accurate and the results are very generalized.

Still would love to see what a cooler airbox does for power, particularly the TORQUE curve. I will do a short test on a Gen 1 busa in the morning since the customer is already coming in for a tuning session, to see if it helps or not. Will tune the bike first then test.

Last edited:
I didn't expect any noticeable gain, if any gain at all from this. I know alot of products we see are hype driven, anything to make a sale. Cooler air =more power, even if it is only a very small amount. But as I said in my original question, how long is the outside air going in actually staying in the airbox? Not very, and I don't think long enough to make any difference. I just wondered if anyone had tried it. Didn't mean to cause such an arguement.

Back