Airbox mods..............

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
As its winter in the UK and it is phissing down with rain, its the time for winter mods. Nearly ready for the Busa's first dyno run, the guy at JHS racing (these guys Dyno all the bikes for Fastbike UK magazine) has quoted me £440 to fit and supply PC II, custom map and dyno runs. The Yosh Ti 4-2-1 is fitted, PAIR mod and the Airbox mod done over Christmas. In addition to these mods have added Airbox Seals and Short Velocity stacks. Very pleased with the results both parts fit perfectly (well done Schnitz racing), ok the Seals are fooking expensive by the time they get to the UK, but they sure do seal.

myairbox5.jpg

Will post Dyno results when I get them. Just 3 more mods to go before the start of the good weather 1) Hotbodies undertray (black) 2) Giles rearsets (black) 3) Exhaust bracket powdercoated black. Back to black.....
beerchug.gif

11_04_06_1612.jpg

Had my airbox off last night for the first time...

Couple of questions...

What do the short velocity stacks do better than stock?

Why didnt you post this up where I would see it so I could have gotten those cool seals before I put mine back on
jump9.gif

Good looking bike and set up my man!

YH2K, according to Schnitz racing 4 short Velocity stacks will give you up to 3 more horsepower on a stock engine. ps 10 minute job after removing the Airbox
beerchug.gif

The short stacks also move the power up in the rpm range slightly, torque also comes on sooner and last longer. The power band movement aids in the higher peak power readings with proper fuel mapping. If you want pure midrange grunt you would use all long stacks.

Back