I think Im calling BS on this

I just keep bags of air in my cooler so before each race I dump the bag of cold air into the airbox and go. :laugh:

Seems to make a little sense. If the insulation reflected enough engine heat energy (radiant heat) it would keep the air box cooler. Think about the insulation heat shield on the space shuttle. Stays cool in the shuttle. I think it would work best when the air was cool and dense.

Anyway I think the gains stated would be at the very high end of the results bell curve!

It does make sense in theory, but you have to consider, no matter if the airbox is 5 degrees or 500, how long is the outside air coming into it actually staying in the airbox, before going into the engine. I asked Mr.Bogus that a few months back and he confirmed it. Snakeoil

:rofl: all u want...then get passed up by someone who's bike is breathing 60 degree air....

the air coming into the box remains the same temp thats the catch...without the blanket the air is going to be warmer them ambiant temp..not worth 150$ but it does work...i wouldn't say 4 hp either but you do notice a much happier bike..how many time did you ride your bike when it was below 70 out and noticed it was faster? now what if your air box was 140 degress..and btw most of the air that enters the air box..actually stays inside the air box..thats how it become + pressure at higher speeds

all in all your $ would be better spent sealing up the ram air tubes instead

Last edited:
Back