Million dollar highway, surrounding area's

Taylor

Donating Member
Registered
Heading to Colorado sometime in may, i want to ride the million dollar highway and the area's surrounding it. If anyone has a hotel to suggest, or other roads, views, local motorcycle friendly places I would like to hear them.

So are you not going to 3 DD in May at Eureka?

I am not sure yet Shane, I may try something different this year, I was going to pm you about maybe going with us to Colorado, it will be my last vacation before the baby is born.

I am throwing around ideas on what to do, Kayla will not be coming with but I think Chris and maybe a couple of others will be.

You can find several places in Durango. There ate a couple of places in Silverton, but you may need to find out when the open for the season. Ouray will have a few small places, or you can go north to Montrose for just about anything. I highly suggest the loop from durango west past mesa verse, then north to Telluride, over to ouray, then south to silverton and back to durango. It is breath taking. And watch out for moose.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I am not sure yet Shane, I may try something different this year, I was going to pm you about maybe going with us to Colorado, it will be my last vacation before the baby is born.

I am throwing around ideas on what to do, Kayla will not be coming with but I think Chris and maybe a couple of others will be.

Okay let me know

My girlfriend lived in Durango Colorado for over 20 years. Lets start with hotels. The Red Lion Inn has a walking trial that goes for miles around the town and along the animas river and is very beautiful, and the sunday brunch is amazing. Its right in the center of Durango. You can walk to the historical downtown area. Also if you have time, ride the Durango, Silverton Railroad which goes up to silverton and the train station is walking distance to the red lion. She says this is the best place to stay.

As for places to eat, she suggests Fransisco's, and Tequila's which is right on main street and is walking distance from the Red Lion Inn in Durango. Another ride is heading up to Vallecito Lake, which is about an hour drive from durango.....Absolutely Beautiful and have lunch at the Shore Line inn which sits on the lake. She doesn't recommend montrose, and if you circle around you can ride through Telluride. If you keep on the Million Dollar Highway you will run into Telluride. Barty Chuckwagon is a chuckwagon dinner that she says is really good.

The Original Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory is also located In Durango.

If you have any more questions you can PM me, Im sure she could probably tell you alot more. Hope this helps!

Do I smell a Colorado Mini-Busa Bash........... Im only eight hours away!!!:thumbsup:

I am all for that, trying to get some dates locked down but will be between 2nd week in may-1st week in June. I can't go any later then that as my wife will be in the last month of pregnancy and I have to be here for her.

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming.

Heading to Colorado sometime in may, i want to ride the million dollar highway and the area's surrounding it. If anyone has a hotel to suggest, or other roads, views, local motorcycle friendly places I would like to hear them.

Watch the weather closely, May/Million Dollar Hwy/ 2 wheels, many times it snows and it is not on any weather Map in time for you to take alternate route. Weather moves very fast at those elevations. Pagosa Springs has a great motel, stayed there a few times, hot tub, sauna, cont bfast, clean and reasonable rates, the owner is a Republican. Might be too far off your route. Let me know.

Back