"Million Dollar Highway"

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
A real good Friend and I decided to take the Wives and the Cruisers up to Colorado for a few days and check out the Durango, Telluride and Dolores area. They call the stretch of road between Durango and Telluride "The Million Dollar Highway"... it is awesome.
Just a couple of pics to share.

Me on the Vulcan 2000 just cruising down the road on the way to Durango, CO.

IMG_0003.JPG

The train that runs between Durango and Silverton. Its a steam engine and it was cool just listening to the thing hiss and sqeal while it was sitting there.

IMG_0060.JPG

Aspens all over the place, might have to take this ride in September to see the colors change.

IMG_0207.JPG

It was a good ride and a good time. Next year WAG you need to get the time, missed you and the Misses.
Parting shot of us having lunch somewhere...

IMG_0017.JPG

I'd love to ride those areas. Never there long on the ground, always get there by air. In fact, I had to make a semi-emergency landing in Durango last year while flying from Phoenix back to the east. All turned out ok though
beerchug.gif

man I miss that area... did you make it back over to the copper area? those rides up there were a blast
cool.gif

I love the Durango area. I have skied Purgatory several times. The family and I rode that narrow gauge train 2 winters ago. If you get the chance do. We did it in the winter, but i bet the summer is just a beautiful.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Back