Mileage Report

Just curious............what route through Nevada are you taking?
I am actually going to swing by Anderson, California first thing Friday morning to have Rick Mayer Cycle build a custom seat for the K8.

Then I'll dash over to Fernley to meet up with 4 other Iron Butt riders for the evening (we are working on the 2009 Iron Butt Rally preparations).

On to SoCal the next morning at 5am.... probably a straight shot down 395, since the eventual goal is Redlands.

Warchild...how far into SoCal are you coming?  I could easily put together a m/g for you.
Not quite down to the San Diego area.... just to Redlands, CA.

Would be cool to meet up, but I will not be there too long - maybe 24 hours, if that. Won't arrive at my brothers place there until late Saturday afternoon; I need to scamper back up north on Sunday around mid-afternoon, as I am with my 11-year-old son for a week-long Boy Scout summer camp from Jul 14-19 on the Oregon coast.

Summers are pretty hectic for me.  
winkold.gif

Proof of that milage ( odometer picture ) by any chance ? <div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
As it happens, I am departing at noon today for a little 2500-mile jaunt this weekend to see some buds down in Nevada, then southern California. I'll try to snap off a photo before I depart. IIRC, the last time I looked, I was 19,200 or 19,300... something like that.[/quote][/quote]

Okay, here ya go, mang:

19292miles.jpg

This will be way over 20K before midnight tonight....
cool.gif

Alrighty, gents, I'm outta here.... won't be online again until Friday evening (if then).... laters...

Proof of that milage ( odometer picture ) by any chance ? <div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
As it happens, I am departing at noon today for a little 2500-mile jaunt this weekend to see some buds down in Nevada, then southern California. I'll try to snap off a photo before I depart. IIRC, the last time I looked, I was 19,200 or 19,300... something like that.
[/quote]

Okay, here ya go, mang:

19292miles.jpg

This will be way over 20K before midnight tonight....  
cool.gif

Alrighty, gents, I'm outta here.... won't be online again until Friday evening (if then).... laters...[/quote]
Ride safe, send pix, and if you're in Cali any longer than projected, look me up.

Maybe we can throw something good together...even if it's the 'last minute'.

I hate it when I don't come on here for a while and see everyone enjoying a great time, and I totally missed the party!
banghead.gif

I'll tell ya, that 20K is amazing, Warchild. Absolutely amazing considering your conditions!

Scar - We're totally doing this Tahoe run! It sounds carve-tastic the more I hear about it, and we have to show those canyons who's boss.
deadhorse.gif

I hate it when I don't come on here for a while and see everyone enjoying a great time, and I totally missed the party!  
banghead.gif

I'll tell ya, that 20K is amazing, Warchild.  Absolutely amazing considering your conditions!  

Scar - We're totally doing this Tahoe run!  It sounds carve-tastic the more I hear about it, and we have to show those canyons who's boss.
deadhorse.gif
egitarre77.gif

Concur. Time to go spank some new canyons, for realz.

kickass.gif

Hey Scar..........

We're not the only peeps who enjoy it for the race track like layout, twice a year they actually close it off and let the Porches, Ferraris and Mustangs have at it.....RE: "The VC Hill Climb event". Sigh.......how'd you like to be able to hog the entire road and not worry about oncoming!!??
wowold.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Scar..........

We're not the only peeps who enjoy it for the race track like layout, twice a year they actually close it off and let the Porches, Ferraris and Mustangs have at it.....RE: "The VC Hill Climb event". Sigh.......how'd you like to be able to hog the entire road and not worry about oncoming!!??
wowold.gif

Jim...serious. They do this only for the cages?

Very separationist activity in my opinion.

Hey...did you get a reply from your bud with the 'best' roads book?

RSVP.

I'll take a look at the videos right after lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just rolled up a couple hours ago...
cool.gif

About a 3000 miles run in just under 45 hours riding time.

I was actually gone a total of six days, 2 of which was spent: a) having a Patron Tequila Shooter party from 10pm Fri to until 3 am Sat, and b) de-toxicing for the next 20 hours!
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif

The route was: West Richland, WA - Anderson, CA - Fernley, NV - Redlands, CA - Fernley, NV (2nd time, on the return trip) - West Richland, WA.

Trip Stats/Current Odo:

July10_15_2008.jpg

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

Ride safe, send pix
Below is one shot to tease ya with... I took a fair number of photo on this last run, just don't have the spare time to upload them right now.

I am hitting the road again tonight, so I am offline again until Sunday (19 July).

Here is the K8 on the floor of Death Valley, 8:30 am and 103 degrees F....
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

dv2.jpg

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Back