Yash (08 Busa)
Jim (CBR1000RR)
Craig (R6)
Tony (CBR1000RR)
Will (GIXXER 6)
Rod (GIXXER 6)
Dave (650R)
Greg (GIXXER 1)

Tony, Craig, Jim, Greg and I met for breakfast at Antique Row at 7am. Departed there at about 7:45 and headed toward Gopher Canyon (and all the following canyons into Temecula).

We met Dave at Gopher Canyon who joined us for some shredding. We got to Temecula a little bit late, and waited for awhile. Yash, Rod and Will were coming from Irvine to join us.

(As background, Yash and I met at the Busa Focus Group in Huntington Beach a month or so ago). He brought Rod, one of his primary riding buds and Will with him, not knowing exactly what he was in for"¦).

The three of them were significantly behind schedule, so Jim took Craig, Tony, Dave and Greg and launched for the planned destinations and I stayed back to wait for our northern contingent.

I decided to wait until (no later than) 10:30, then blast off on my own if I hadn't heard from Yash. At 10:20, Yash called and said they were a couple of blocks away at a different gas station, so I went over there, scooped them up, and the four of us launched aggressively for Idyllwild. While I was waiting, I made reservations for lunch.

We got into Idyllwild after taking the 79 to Sage Road through Hemet for a top-off and re-hydration (yes, it was a little toasty in Hemet), then took the 371 to Mountain Center and the 243 into Idyllwild. Presuming that we were gaining on the advance party, we launched toward Banning. A good portion of the way down the mountainside, we crossed paths with the group, turned around, and sprinted up the hill to our usual lunchtime haunt, Gastrognome.

After lunch, we reversed the route all the way back to Temecula, because we had plans to go to Palomar"¦

In Temecula, Dave and Greg split off from the group and the rest of us hit Rice Canyon. At the end of Rice Canyon, Jim split for home, leaving six of us to hit up "Pally"￾. It was about 5pm.

Yash, Rod, Will, Tony, Craig, and I went up the tight side (east grade) of Palomar and stopped up near the observatory for a "Ëœride assessment'. The grade was essentially abandoned. No other bikers (except those following us), no cars, no LEOs. At the observatory, Tony bid us adieu, opting to stay on top of the mountain a while longer. From there, we "Ëœmeandered' down the fast side (south grade). At the bottom of the hill, we took Mesa Grande, and headed over toward Santa Ysabel for dinner. We topped-off at the gas station as the shadows grew long.

Craig and I left Yash, Rod & Will at the gas station and headed out Julian Road and Old Julian Highway to the 67 and slabbed it home from there. I rolled in to Mission Hills (home) at about 8:45pm. In all, 340 miles.

Yash texted me at 1045 last night telling me that the three of them had arrived safely in Irvine.

WOW~ What a day.

Epic effing Sunday.

After_Lunch_Idyllwild_1.gif

Back