Saturday November 17 Idyllwild Run

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Ride on Sat Nov 17th to Idyllwild.

Who is ready for some of SoCal's best roads?

Plan is to meet at the Valley Kitchen restaurant at 7:30 for breakfast (the Valley Kitchen is right next to the Chevron located on the 8 just west of the 163).  We will ride at 8:30 to Temecula where we will regroup and take a break.  From there we'll head east to Sage Road north to Hemet to regroup and fuel.  From there east again to Mountain View and on to Idyllwild.  We will pass thru Idyllwild down the awe-inspiring 243 to the 10 freeway turn around and ride back up the mountainside to Idyllwild for lunch.  After lunch back to Hemet for gas, then to Temecula and home via some of the best twistiest canyons you will find.  

We should be back in SD by 4:30. Wear your best protective gear.

It will be a full day of riding on some great roads!  The weather is predicted to be superb!!

RSVP to Scar by PM or cell (619-252-1004) if you want to join us at any point or from the go-point.

Four_Corners_2e.jpg

No one else from the ORG, but there will be a dozen of us or so...mostly liter-bikes a couple of 600's and a 750 or two...

Great guys, great roads, great riders, great times.

gotpm.gif

Scar

No Devil Dog ( the original ) or Lamb or Shortboarded or Charles?

Dude... Things I did in Idyllwild, Curl your hair.

I mean substances, cave dwellers and ladies, there's something in the water up there. Would be a terrific ride though.

Dude... Things I did in Idyllwild, Curl your hair.  

I mean substances, cave dwellers and ladies, there's something in the water up there.  Would be a terrific ride though.
We do this ride on average twice per month. It is amazing: the roads, the food, the scenery. Nice. It ends up being 350-400 miles and 10-11 hours of awesome greatness.

Anyway, dude~I'm going to be in Seattle (Lake Stevens) before the end of the year. Get together for a beer?

Join in Gunny, for a few miles anyway. Lamb has to work or he would tag along.

Well, it was not a good day for the group. We never made it to Idyllwild, as shortly getting on Rice Canyon Road, a fellow rider went down on his R1. He has a broken shoulder and his bike is probably totalled. His 'surprise' birthday party has been indefinitely delayed. Two of the 12 of us waited with the victim and I lead the balance of the group to continue on the ride. After getting headed again toward Hemet (sorry we didn't make it to Hemet in time to meet up with you, Gunny, but you understand our delay, I'm confident), the 8 of us were freshly off the 79 and another in the group took a turn too wide and went into the soft desert sand and wiped out. He's in much better shape than the first rider, but I suspect his Gixxer 750 is totalled, as well. Tomorrow, he'll be quite sore, I'm sure. Anyway, we got into Hemet, Gunny's son's soccer game was just about to launch, so he couldn't break away. We went to Millie's for lunch, then one of the group continued on to Palm Springs and the rest of us headed home through all the canyons we'd just spent literally hours in waiting for tow-trucks.

I just got home a few minutes ago.

Generally, my group prides itself on no accidents, no tickets during our rides, but today was off the hook. Everyone rode with particular caution on the last couple of legs getting back to SD.

Sorry for the disappointing news.
ohthedrama.gif

Scar

WTF?

Who?

Sounds like a good day to be stuck at work!

Sorry 'bout the horrible ride.

Edmond was the one on the R1 and Fernando was on his Gixxer. Edmond is an accomplished track rider and a long-time member of this core group; Fernando's first day riding with us was yesterday, so we had no previous knowledge of his skills. Until that point, he seemed proficient enough to make that day-trip with us, but as the old adage goes; accidents happen.

Indeed, they do.

I'm glad there were no other vehicles involved in these incidents. It's bad enough when your own path gets dirty because of this, but when someone else is involved in any way, well...I'm sure I don't need to go on and on about all that.

We're going to try to hit Idyllwild again today.

Meeting at Valley Kitchen at 8:00, rolling at 9.

No newbs today.

Scar

Scar_at_Fun_Bike_Center_11_11_07__e_.jpg

good luck!
Thanks, Lamb. Day turned out awesome. Three of us left SD and four came home (the guy who went to Palm Springs joined us at the bottom of 243 in Banning and rode back up the hill for lunch and for the balance of the ride.

No tickets, no accidents. Exactly the way we planned it.

Rice and Crouser Canyons were still wet from the heavy dew we had last night, so going was slow through those areas... As soon as we hit the desert-ish areas, though, we were out of the fogginess and into the sunshine and dry roads. It was a phenomenal day.

Just got home after having 11 hours.

Anyone who can should join us at some point on the next run...

Scar

Back