08 Busa...new to the forum

quantumracer

Registered
Bought an 08 Busa three weeks ago. Been riding for 31 years, and this is my first Busa. In fact, it's my first Suzuki! I have ridden Honda and Yamaha almost exclusively since I was 13 years old.

I purchased the busa to build a drag bike. I told my wife it would get me out of the canyons. Ssshhhh! I have two things to report:

1) This is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden! I have been on three cross country trips. Two on my 85 700F Interceptor and 1 on my 07 Yamaha Stratoliner Tour Deluxe S. Yea, the busa is more comfortable then my strat was! :bowdown:

2) I have never owned a bike that got this kind of gas mileage. Yea, it has a crap ton of power, but on a whim I decided to test out the 'mode' button. So yesterday morning I throw the backpack on and leave not so sunny San Diego. I headed down the road for Phoenix. I stayed in mode C and cruised between 80 and 90 mph indicated. Folks, the Busa averaged 52 MPG! I've never owned a bike that wasn't SCREAMING for fuel at the 180 mile mark. It was really nice to watch the trip meter roll through 220 miles knowing I still had a 1/4 of a tank of gas left! :thumbsup:

Ok, so I live in San Diego. I am in the Navy. I love riding and jeeping. Alright, that's about it. Just wanted to report my findings on gas mileage and long mile comfort. Oh, I made the 400 miles yesterday and returned today. Good ride, but it's REALLY boring on the other side of those mountains!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

HOOYAH!!!
Quantum

:welcome::welcome::welcome:, always love to see another military guy join the org, even SEAMEN :laugh: just kidding... i love showing up for the monthly military bike club ride and everyone has harleys. they always say how sore i'm going to be after a few hour ride, but some how there always getting off complaining about their arse and how i should slow down in the curves.:whistle:...

It will keep on surprising you. Great bike and welcome!
Posted via Mobile Device

Workin on pics now....be patient!
This was taken with my camera phone, about ten minutes before I rode her out of the dealership!

IMG00072-20101001-1614.jpg

Back