New To The Forum

Ade67

Registered
Hi to everyone, great forum. I’ve put a deposit on a 2015 Busa, I’m having a test ride next week. I currently ride a Fireblade and love twisties but not the comfort anymore. Does the Busa lay over in the corners, not track levels, but good sport bike fun levels. I like the Busa comfort and have felt the weight. I believe it will be less twitchy than litre bike and hope the power delivery is smoother, my concern is corners as in early Vmax horror, please dispel my woes.
Regards

Welcome. I had an 04 Repsol with all HRC upgrades before I got the bird. It is a different bike in a whole other level. It will lay over in the turns but not as fast as you are used to. There is a learning curve. For me I had no problem backing my blade into a tight run on the track, the bird I'm not so fast to try. Get you a lot of seat time and if you do anything, setup your suspension first. This bike is under sprung for most riders over 150lbs. Otherwise, have fun

Welcome, the old girl will get around just talk to her nice and find that special line!

Many thanks, I love the look, and I don’t look like a Gorilla on a moped, it felt good to sit on albeit more stretch than I thought. I’m hoping I get off it with a big grin. It reminded me (sitting on it) of my old VF750 years gone by, but bigger.

The bus will roll over just fine. Set up your ride properly and giver he hell. Welcome to the org!

I am teaching myself new to 2016 new she wants to lay over nicely decels are abrubt and over powering can be different. love the bird

Welcome, she will corner, learn the bike as she is a bit heavier, but capable nonetheless.

The Busa will actually lay over too far. I had ridden a few before buying my first Busa in 09. Coming from 1ks, it took a little getting used to.
I would lay mine over in a curve, and drag the bottoms of the stock pipes. The right side of the engine sits out further than the left.
So I got an egg shaped scrape on the right fairing below the clutch.
Never good dragging hard parts.
And, unless you can literally ride a 1k to it's limit, which few can, with equally skilled riders, the 1k will not escape a Busa in the twisties.
The Busa is a little wider, longer, and heavier, but it's not a big deal.
If you swap the stock mufflers for almost any aftermarket single or dual exhaust, you will feel the bike flick side to side noticeably quicker.
Stock cans are heavy.
And, as said, set the suspension sag first. Stock tires and brakes aren't that good either.

Back