Mid-Summer Release of '07 Busa

Rocketman

Registered
I was at the dealer last week getting my bike serviced and doing some browsing. (I don't think I'll have that dealer service anything of mine again btw. what a joke! that's a whole nuther story)

Anyway - I'm oohing and ahhing over the nice GxSr's and Busas... the sales guys starts up a conversation... We started talking about the unique colors of the '07 GSXR's ... he says - wait till you see the mid-summer release of the new busa. I'm like "what?"

He says "Yeah, I guess Suzuki had to do something to push the Kawi off the mountain and is releasing the even faster busa this summer. You're gonna love it"

I got interrupted to go and get my bike back and didn't get to complete the conversation. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Yes ( whisper voice ) but don't tell anyone.
beerchug.gif

yep....an early release '08 Busa....in mid '07.....but alas...my dear Oren Ishii '03 ain't anywhere's near clapped out yet and to upgrade would be nothing more than some extremely expensive bragging rights...cool one-ups-manship from suzi but my older, slower '03 (boy....that don't even sound right! LOL!) still got more snot than i've been able to master.

June 22, they are releasing the B King and the newly configured Busa
lurk.gif

Yes, yes, and yes again. I new Busa is coming.

The sales guy is clueless though as to what the bike will actually look like or be in terms of powerplant. Suzie hasn't released that info yet to anyone. At the Dealer show there was no more than a bike blazing across the screen announcing the 08 arrival in mid 07.

For all your sales guy knows the new Hayabusa could be a 1300cc bike with technolgical upgrades and little else. Then again, it could be a 14.5 - 1500 with a completely updated body and frame. No one knows for sure except the Suzuki Engineers.

I though this was covered before?? Someone posted the pic of the 08 Busa awhile ago but since we've forgotten, here ya go

post_6_67758_GrillBusa.jpg

It's not happening. Only thing close to anything "new busa in summer '07" might be what cycle world said about the last big MC show. They were shown a blurred video with the hayabusa emblem shown at the end and that more INFORMATION would be released mid summer. At best maybe they'll show a concept but if theres any new hardware, it'll be in 2008. Why would the release something mid year and give kawi a chance to further improve the zx-14 since (if it is to follow the literbike/600 time schedule) it might be upgraded in 2008 too.

Back