Bng for '07???? busa gets bumped.......

Hey Ted..I trust what you have to say..
I am thinking about getting another Busa, right now, I am trying to figure if I should get a 2006 or get (the same style) 2007. Do you know what color will be available for 2007? and will they have a Limited with a black frame. Do you know when they will be in dealerships?
thanks

I have waited on Ted to fill us in and we all know this is coming, thanks man for your inside input!

*long post alert*

As a life long Corvette enthusiast who has seen that car undergo profound changes over the years (we are at the 6th Generation to date) this strikes me as a pivotal point in the Busa's legacy.

We have been entertained with special spots on networks such as the Science Channel and The Learning Channel covering the best of the best (in motorcycling) and there was Suzuki's Hayabusa either mentioned or at the top of the list - I loved it!
We have motor vehicle unlike any I have encountered in that it has its own symbol - Ok, Vettes have crossed flags and Stangs have that pony but how many bike models have an emblem?
We have this mystique of being the fastest production motorcycle in the world (6 years running) that even people outside of the motorcycling community recongnize.
We have what I think is the sexiest sport bike in production and now the competition has caught it, well sort of - the jury is still out on how well Kawi's new beast will do in the showrooms and on the streets but they jumped us. Mustangs NEVER did that to the Vette, production model to production model anyway.

Now, will they do this change 'right'? Will they carry the flag further? Will the market (the cruelest judge of all) like what they do with the new Busa?
In business, change equals growth, but change also equals an affront to tradition. Should of heard the bitchin when the C4 came out and I wont even mention Harley's slavery to 'dont change anything, they wont like it anymore'....

The Busa clearly enjoys a tradition within the motorcycle community and to some extent, an extended motoring public - see the ESPN article referenced in another thread and you'll see what I mean.

This change to our bike is exciting to me. I love the product and the following it has created. I bought one for all the reasons listed above and it sits right beside my Vette each night - far as I know they are getting along ok.

I just hope it goes well and the 'H1s' will emerge as the first in a generational line of kick azz Busas that Kawi, Yam and Honda will always chase!

Sorry for the long post and - uhem.... ROLL TIDE!
<span style='color:royalblue'></span><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'></span><div align="center">[/Quote]WAR EAGLE!!!<span style='color:red'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span>

I agree with everything else!
biggrin.gif

So when will we see the unchanged 07s on the show room floor?? I will have $$$ in hand in 3 weeks. And what about the colors?? Can't wait, I have been 'busaless for 4 years.

A while back I heard a rumor the new style LE busa might be supercharged - anyone think that rumor has any ground or do you think thats most likely bogus?

I feel they had so much tooling for the units that they were protecting themselves and not the dealers.

Additionally, the GSXR 1K will change as scheduled this year.
They will add an 450 Kingquad ATV to the line-up. The GSF 1200 will be re-released w/ and w/out ABS brakes.
They have had the same tooling since 99! The 600,750 and 1000's have lots of $ in tooling and they re-design them every 15 minutes!

So now the story is that on the TENTH (10th!!!) model year, Suzuki will get off their fat arse and change the bird?
laugh.gif
I'll believe it when I see it. Don't get me wrong - I love my bike but geez, they're not keeping my confidence with their current busa program.
mad.gif

Say it aint so Ted, say it aint so...
sad.gif
tell me about it.
i wouldnt have gone to the show at the end of this month if i had known no new Busa.
there are rumors it might be there to see though?
no worries fellas. i'll have my camera w/ plenty of battery this year.

what's BNG mean?
also. In 2WT sept issue, there is a little editorial on page 64. whether suzuki wrote it for the mag not sure,(probably not), it has the suzuki logo on top and the link to the suzuki website below it. here are the last two paragraphs of it:

"The future looks bright for Hayabusa-inspired speed enthusiasts and power junkies. While it's hard to improve on near perfection, you can rest assured that Suzuki is burning the midnight oil, developing new technologies that will make sure any future generation Hayabusa in the making will be as big a leap forward as today's highly cherished machine was when it first appeared.
It's the only way Suzuki knows how to do it. And it's their way of saying thanks to the hundred-thousand plus Hayabusa owners around the world who have made it the most sought after machine among the hard-core enthusiasts."

Thanks for the info. I think they should keep the proven design, and then make the LE an "upgraded" model, with revised motor, tranny, and bodywork.

Im willing to bet money on the fact that when suzuki does unveal their fastest sport touring bike it certainly wont be called a "Hayabusa".If you look at motorcycling history its true.Yes the literbikes and 600s keep the name but when a company changes their flagship bike either they remove it completely or have a new name for the completely redesigned upgrade.So im sure when the new "busa" does come around it wont be called a "hayabusa" thats for sure.

Back