Transmission trouble with brand new 07

we have all experienced this atleast once, best thing to do is lower the shifter closer towards the ground, then you wont have to lift your foot so high to shift...the throw from 5th to 6th is farther and thus can be missed with too short of throw...this is what I did and it hasn't happened again in 21k miles...I also have a 2007

Last edited:
It normal for a Gen1 to have false neutrals in almost any gear hear and there up to the 1000-1500mile mark. Mine did it too. It's just parts breaking in. Some bikes have it more than others.

+1
Had it happen a couple times on my 06 when I first got it then it went away. Probably due to improved shifting and break-in. Scared me at first until I did some research on it. Don't slam it into gear,but give it a good firm shift.

Also since you bought the bike new you might want to take time to do some adjusting. Maybe adjusting the lever position will help out. There's other parts of the bike that can be adjusted to better fit your needs also.

Have Fun and Good Luck.

P.S. Take it to dealer and get a written report that the issue was looked into so you have it on record. Every bike is different and unless bike is sitting right in front of person its hard to be 100% sure it's a normal common issue. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Gotta be careful with how hard you pull on that shifter though... its not too hard to bend a shifter fork, and then the trans is just gonna be on a slow ride to self destruction.
I had the same problem on another bike, did the Hulk-A-Mania shifting to get around the false neutral, and I ultimately kissed that tranny bye-bye.
Been there, done that.
:banghead:

:read:

so you think that the pressure you engage your shifter is what bends the shift fork?

If so...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've been riding my busa for 3 years and every once in a while. I still forget to shift firmly in to gear. I hate it. Its always when there is a car next to me with the windows down. They hear the clunky de clunk and then give me the "what a dum **** look".

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back