Met another busa owner just now

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
A guy who has seen me riding around the area and saw my bike in my garage a few times stopped by my place to say hi today. He has an 04 all custom busa. All silver, lowered, etc... nice bike. He lives in the same neighborhood - just down the street. He said he doesn't ride very often (the reason i've never seen his bike before). We talked for about 20 minutes. He's owned about 15 different sport bikes and also owns a Harley now. I had to ask the burnout question and he showed me how to do one. I will probably never try one, though. I meant to ask if he ever came to this site or not but I forgot... oh well.

Was cool to meet someone with a busa. And he was telling me about other busa owners in the area.... how there's a kid in town with an 06 LE (16yrs old) who wrecked it but has it running again. Since I've owned my busa, this guy's silver one is the only one I've seen.

Pandemic, good to see a fellow Bama boy on here. I am in Cullman myself but I have ridden with a few boys from Anniston and I get out to Tally GPR a few times for trackdays and races. Oh yeah, I am one of the few 'Busa riders in my area too:)

Pandemic, good to see a fellow Bama boy on here. I am in Cullman myself but I have ridden with a few boys from Anniston and I get out to Tally GPR a few times for trackdays and races. Oh yeah, I am one of the few 'Busa riders in my area too:)
I used to go to Cullman all the time to shoot their youth baseball, soccer, and football... trying to see if I can nab the soccer job this year at Heritage Park. I was recently in Cullman to shoot photos at Sacred Heart church for the school graduation.

Do a burnout!!!!
biggrin.gif

Ever go about 15 mph in first gear and suddenly crack the throttle open? If you haven't, try it. That is my favorite way to leave a patch on the road.

Ever go about 15 mph in first gear and suddenly crack the throttle open? If you haven't, try it. That is my favorite way to leave a patch on the road.
No... I have not.

I take it easy, I suppose.

(DON'T GET ME WRONG... I OPEN THIS BIKE UP WHEN I CAN ON CERTAIN ROADS... BUT I DO NOT ABUSE IT.)
Please... I want to know more/all about this bike.

What happens if i'm just going, say... 30mph in 1st and then just CRANK it all wide open?..... I want to know. That's why I first started making posts about it...

<!--EDIT|PaNDeM1C
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152605106 -->

This is a dangerous bike! We all know that... and for those of us who have not experienced every single bit of it's "bite"..... I think we'd like to know about it from all of you out there who "have" experienced it all!

Is that/this too much to ask?

The other evening, I passed a car on a 2 lane road at about 130... to me that's pretty  fast! Anyway.... I was also taking it pretty easy... using 6th gear for that. I'm sure more seasoned busa vets would probably be in 4th doing that speed (or 5)....

To make my point, I'm not as HARDCORE as all of you... obviously! I just bought my bike! But... I CAN ride this bike in corners, etc. I'm no noob when it comes to riding!

I'm just looking for power tips... what the bike can really do "from those that have done it!!!". Simple as that. Thanks a whole lot to those that respond!

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152616259 -->

PaNDeM1C -

I received a complaint about your use of language.

I edited some of the posts, deleted another (4am, tired, don’t feel like editing each post)

Please refrain from using bad language or any other questionable explanatory remarks dealing with the specific anatomy of the human form.

Thanks

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152616325 -->

What happens if i'm just going, say... 30mph in 1st and then just CRANK it all wide open?..... I want to know. That's why I first started making posts about it...
If your tire is nice and warm from riding and you lean over the tank, you will chirp the back tire a little and take off like a rocket. The front end will come up 5 or 6 inches and you are gone. If you sit back on the seat in an upright position, you will come up a lot higher. The first thing I would replace on any stock Busa is the chain!!! I have seen them snap before from people cracking the throttle like that.

hey again dude-guess the mods already got to ya, so my PM was worthless:p but, anyway on to your questions: how to lay rubber an so on-if you have a fresh tire on the back-forget it, just wait till u hit like 1500mi. The bike will leave a patch if you snap it while leaning over the front a bit, full weight on the pegs, then get out of it real quick. If you pull hard from a stop, this is what happens when you have mods done to your bike, and your woman holdn onto you from behind-bike flips up a bit, girl pulls on u, u pull on bars, bike flips over completely. Not a pretty sight.

wreckedbike2.JPG

You may not know it, but I have psychic episodes.
I'm seeing some guy with a big L on his forehead.  

all_coholic.gif

Back