Menace busa styling kit

Not my cup o tea....kind of reminds me of the old Yamaha Seca 650 Turbo styling....seems like you are taking something with a beautiful unique shape (stock Busa) and turning it into something more mainstream and dated? As was already said in previous posts, not a good idea trying to sell something in your first post on the org.

Good luck.

so does the whole "kit" just get put on over the OE fairings like the gas tank cover and upper fairing cover?

I would like to know more about the company making this though. I remember seing that style of a windscreen a while back. Would luv a point of contact if you would share.

oh yea... welcome aboard

100% direct replacement he claims....none of your stock stuuf besides your tank is used..

tank cover is held on with stock forward attachement points and double sided tape

Hey Gang,

Thanks to all for the welcome. I appreciate all the comments and insights you all provided, It helpful to hear other opinions. I apologize for offending everyone with my first post, it was not my goal to make it and advertisement, I am just trying to get the word out to the people who love the Busa as much as I do!

Certainly the kit is not for everybody, but neither is a wide tire and swing arm kit, air ride, nitrous or a turbo, this is a custom product designed for custom enthusiasts. Those of you who have custom bikes already know that custom and compromise go hand in hand. However, for those of you who are not satisfied with a bolt-on bike that gets lost in the parking lot at bike night we have got you covered. As for the Menace kit styling, its love it or hate it just like the original 99 Busa. For those of you who where riding back in 1999, you probably remember the mixed reviews on the original Busa styling, which by the way was futuristic, and not unlike the light cycles in Tron. The same could be said for the reviews of the redesigned Busa in 08. Regardless of love it or hate it styling, the Busa has gone on to be a Motorcycling Icon because of its stellar performance. As a industrial designer having had designed some of the top custom Busa’s of all time that include the Track Rat, the UII, The Super Heroes, and Legal Eagle Busa’s, this kit represents what’s next for custom Busa enthusiasts in search of unique individuality.

dfj59i.jpg

jij6lj.jpg

286zn2q.jpg

25gujc3.jpg

8zfym8.jpg

As for the questions regarding the kit;

The windscreen is available in clear, light smoke and dark smoke (pictured) along with a few colors. Again it’s a custom product but we give you the options. Lighting through the smoke windscreens can be achieved by adding HID kit or you can order the windscreen in clear. Many kits have been ordered with clear screens, in the case of clear screen the many builders are opting to paint the upper portion while leaving the lower portion clear.

As for the brake light, we give you a few custom options. We have designed the tail to accept MV Augusta F-4 taillights by clear alternatives (see attached photo). However if you want a race tail look you can go side mount license plate with a brake light, or you can mount LED lights in the rear facing scoops or undertail.

oa6u8o.jpg

For those of you in love with turn signals you can mount any number of aftermarket signals to the body side panels or mount LED’s in the front and rear scoops. I personally think turn signals suck and regardless of their design take away from the appearance of any motorcycle. Case in point, when was the last time you saw a custom bike with signals, or a mud flap for that mater. The answer is never because they look lame.

Dude I am seeing it in a flat/satin black with some nice F117A stealh fighter colors air brushed like the panel look some of the aircraft have, and old bombers and such...

I'de ride it but not own it as primary. Looks mean man, :beerchug:

Hey Gang,

Thanks to all for the welcome. I appreciate all the comments and insights you all provided, It helpful to hear other opinions. I apologize for offending everyone with my first post, it was not my goal to make it and advertisement, I am just trying to get the word out to the people who love the Busa as much as I do!

Certainly the kit is not for everybody, but neither is a wide tire and swing arm kit, air ride, nitrous or a turbo, this is a custom product designed for custom enthusiasts. Those of you who have custom bikes already know that custom and compromise go hand in hand. However, for those of you who are not satisfied with a bolt-on bike that gets lost in the parking lot at bike night we have got you covered. As for the Menace kit styling, its love it or hate it just like the original 99 Busa. For those of you who where riding back in 1999, you probably remember the mixed reviews on the original Busa styling, which by the way was futuristic, and not unlike the light cycles in Tron. The same could be said for the reviews of the redesigned Busa in 08. Regardless of love it or hate it styling, the Busa has gone on to be a Motorcycling Icon because of its stellar performance. As a industrial designer having had designed some of the top custom Busa’s of all time that include the Track Rat, the UII, The Super Heroes, and Legal Eagle Busa’s, this kit represents what’s next for custom Busa enthusiasts in search of unique individuality.

dfj59i.jpg

jij6lj.jpg

286zn2q.jpg

25gujc3.jpg

8zfym8.jpg

As for the questions regarding the kit;

The windscreen is available in clear, light smoke and dark smoke (pictured) along with a few colors. Again it’s a custom product but we give you the options. Lighting through the smoke windscreens can be achieved by adding HID kit or you can order the windscreen in clear. Many kits have been ordered with clear screens, in the case of clear screen the many builders are opting to paint the upper portion while leaving the lower portion clear.

As for the brake light, we give you a few custom options. We have designed the tail to accept MV Augusta F-4 taillights by clear alternatives (see attached photo). However if you want a race tail look you can go side mount license plate with a brake light, or you can mount LED lights in the rear facing scoops or undertail.

oa6u8o.jpg

For those of you in love with turn signals you can mount any number of aftermarket signals to the body side panels or mount LED’s in the front and rear scoops. I personally think turn signals suck and regardless of their design take away from the appearance of any motorcycle. Case in point, when was the last time you saw a custom bike with signals, or a mud flap for that mater. The answer is never because they look lame.
+1 on the turn signals but the LEO seem to have a hard on for sportbikes down here see no reason to give them an extra reason to harass me :lol:

Last edited:
The reason I bought a Busa is I like the looks and wanted to show my support for this board when I attend their events and not ride my ZX-14 at their events. So at least from my perspective on this site is why buy a Busa to make it look like something else. Now:whistle: if you could have made a Busa body kit for a ZX-14 you could have saved me some bones.

Whats with the page size of your posts too? they much bigger then all of ours. think you need to check a setting or two.

:welcome:

Hey Gang,

Those of you who have custom bikes already know that custom and compromise go hand in hand. ..... As a industrial designer having had designed some of the top custom Busa’s of all time that include the Track Rat, the UII, The Super Heroes, and Legal Eagle Busa’s, this kit represents what’s next for custom Busa enthusiasts in search of unique individuality.

I have to disagree here, I have a custom Busa, Custom doesnt go with compromise, thats why my Busa is considered Custom, Uniques in many ways becuase I didnt comprimise. A Custom Busa is more than paint, rims and bling, It should also be a ridable machine, I have seen the Russ Brown bike last Sept and the rider had many complaints about it how bad it handed. Now as for you kit its not for me, as many have commented. You minght want to make possible to access the trunk or even put the passenger seat on.

Back