Medical marijuana....your thoughts?

Just legalize it. Ive never smoked anything in my life but I say why not. Maybe its what some people need to chill the hell out.

I smoked it ONCE,but never inhaled.???

RSD.

bill-clinton_boston1_101002.jpg

In some ways your correct but in others your not.
Correct you can grow your own tobacco and distill/brew your own drink.
But, it's very diff to grow tobacco that would come out and taste like a good Marlboro and it'd even harder to make your own Jim Beam.
You can grow tobacco and brew home beer but neither will set the world on fire. However it's very easy for you to grow stuff folks will talk about.
That's the diff. The govt knows this.

The topic of thread is Medical Marijuana which is as mentioned just another way to get around certain laws. There are many many proper and legitamate uses for it but the types of doctors who prescribe it are not your typical white coat Harvard med school grads. Once mainstream FDA doctors and orgs accept and advocate it and then only prescribe it thru proper diagnosis of condition it won't get the recognition it needs. Now you go in and say you got a back ache and hear you go. It should not be like that. If your gonna call it Med Herb than make it like any other controlled substance and be careful in your prescriptions.
Personally not for the stoners benefit but for the border security I think they should legalize it and then use revenue generated from it to fight the war on harder drugs like cocaine and heroin. Legalize it today and tomorrow the cartels would be out of business. Southern border would be safe again.

It is no more dangerous than motrin and more effective at treating pain. Why treat it as a controled substance? Why not treat it like motrin?

Personally I think this medical marijuana fiasco is just some educated stoners wet dream. Come on people, call a spade a spade. Why this country finds it necessary to regulate it in the first place is beyond me. Seems especially silly when you take into account how much we embrace the use of alcohol and tobacco.

Tax it to pay for education schools need books, and higher education needs to be cheaper, also tax it more the tobacco
Posted via Mobile Device

Personally I think this medical marijuana fiasco is just some educated stoners wet dream. Come on people, call a spade a spade. Why this country finds it necessary to regulate it in the first place is beyond me. Seems especially silly when you take into account how much we embrace the use of alcohol and tobacco.

It was regulated by Conservatives so Mexican immigrants could be deported. Kind of on the same lines as what they did with Cocaine and Opium, use scare tactics to pass an agenda. I guess things never change.:whistle:

About 5 years ago we had a holiday in Amsterdam for 10 days. As you know marijuana and other drugs are legal in Holland. For fun I tried it for the period there and I enjoyed it but when I got back to work I lacked concentration for more than a month. Sat in a meeting and wondered what they were talking about. ???

Like most countries marijuana is easy to obtain in South Africa but I for one tried it, liked it but its not good for me so I wont have it again.

I will tell you one thing though, the day a doctor tells me I have few months left before dying I will immediately get medical marijuana and enjoy my last few months:laugh:

Regards

I rode in to work this morning. A car pulled out on the interstate in front of me with two fat girls in it, who immediately proceeded to light up a big doobie and pass it around. It just infuriates me. Somedays I really wish I had a badge. All I could do is shake my head in disgust.

I come from a small town. I hope I see them out as I intend to publicly embarass them if I EVER get the chance.

The only issue I really have. Is don't over tax it. Tax it at a normal rate. This idea that the random things that become trends for people to dislike get over taxed is B.S. Sin taxing is wrong and against our county IMHO. I know people say it's fine, but wait till they are over taxing beef cause it's bad and over taxing salt or you name it. It's wrong.

The only issue I really have. Is don't over tax it. Tax it at a normal rate. This idea that the random things that become trends for people to dislike get over taxed is B.S. Sin taxing is wrong and against our county IMHO. I know people say it's fine, but wait till they are over taxing beef cause it's bad and over taxing salt or you name it. It's wrong.

I don't want it legalized, but I am with you on the sin tax thing.

Having libertarian leaning, I say a person has the right to ingest what they see fit.

From what I have read, better than half the US prison population (largest in the world) is incarcerated for drug related offences. At conservatively $50,000 a year per inmate, yet the 30 year old "war on drugs" has gotten our country nowhere. It has however gotten several occupations wealthy, namely drug dealers, lawyers, judges, etc. All because some people choose to chemically elicit certain brain activity.

With all the HARD drugs out there, seems medical pot is the least of our worries.

Chris

Great post though. Seems there is a more diverse view on the board than I anticipated. Given the free-spirited nature of motorcycle culture, I would have expected much fewer tea totaled responses.

Go figure

I JUST DONT AGREE OR UNDERSTAND DIFF LAWS IN DIFFRENT STATES. sorry caps on :whistle:
Cali $100 fine go over 2 AZ you could serve a year in tent city.
That just seems crazy 2 me.You live in same country pay same federal taxes do same thing weed.One guy loses $100 other year of his life.Thats just not right.I had a delivery in maricopa county. Full grown bear had me on side 45 min man thats hot erea.They stopped one in front me 2.State police trucks every 5 miles.I didnt have what i know he was looking 4.

I'm surprised some of you know the history of WHY marijuana is illegal and yet you still wish it to remain that way. Drugs are part of human nature, look back at any and all civilizations and you will see it there, often times, unregulated. These societies functioned just fine.

I would much rather see marijuana widely used than all the narcotic pain medications that I see ABUSED. Narcotics are poorly controlled. According to the patient's bill of rights, one is ensured that they can seek pain relief. Go to your doctor and say you have chronic back pain, knee pain, foot pain, muscle pain, "fibromyalgia," and you will be handed prescriptions to lortab, percocet, oxycontin, it is really not that hard to get. These drugs are far more addictive and damaging than marijuana. I have seen people almost die from tricyclic antidepressants, alcohol, narcotic pain medications, tylenol overdoses, I have never seen anyone almost die from a marijuana overdose. On another note, for some reason, most intoxicated patients that come into the ER are complete a-holes, hard to deal with, yet they are my responsibility. I would much rather deal with someone high on marijuana, much easier to deal with.

Your idea on "sin tax" is understood, but bears false merit. Alcohol and tobacco, and probably marijuana DO need to be taxed higher than other substances. These substances DIRECTLY cause later issues with health problems and as such need to be taxed accordingly. You should pay high taxes on these substances to help offset the cost to taxpayers later when you develop chronic bronchitis, emphysema, copd, cad, cirrhosis of the liver, hepatic encephalopathy, cancer, etc.

Cheers, :beerchug:

Back