Medical Advise

How do you know it is just a cracked rib, could be something else. GO to the doctor!

Exactly! Try an urgent care clinic (PrimaCare, CareNow). You may have to wait in the lobby but they'll see you same day. Some even have online registration.

I know a guy who had the same symptoms and it turned out to just be gas from the cabbage he'd eaten that day. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. :whistle:

If you want to try the urgent care center Broken Arrow, its behind the Reasors on 71st and Lynn Lane, Dr Hamilton is great. 258-9111.

Seriously my friend, have you read some of the posts here? Why would you ask us for medical advise?

:rofl:

Seriously my friend, have you read some of the posts here? Why would you ask us for medical advise?

:rofl:

He has a point... :rofl::rofl:

But I do agree with everyone else on here. It probably is a cracked rib but what if it's something else? The only way to tell for sure is by going to the doctor. It's better to be safe then sorry!! GO TO THE DOCTOR MR. STUBBORN BRITCHES!!!:rulez:

just broke 4 ribs myself in august...they take a long time to heal. not much they can do really but take x-rays and give pain meds and tell you to do deep breathing so crap doesnt settle and turn to pne...you can get a rib belt that will help some but must continue to breath deep even though it hurts..having said that i would just go to the doctor anyway just to be sure..i had fluid around my lung (plural infusion) that had to be monitored..so get it checked?? and you have to be careful and not do too much or it will take even longer to heal...don`t sneeze!! lol

I can count the crashes on my toes now. I've broken enough is wrist, foot, shoulder, thumb... Want me to go on with skin grafts I refused to have done, show you high speed get off body scars?

Say we break off bones. Find them floating in the body unattached in an X-ray. Darn if nature does not find that path home and mend both back together. No matter what damage you did, it is never the same and the word 'pain' means forever.

Worst thing you can do is medicate yourself with some good stuff and bong it for pain is the coughing will be.... OK, you figured that out. Next is, you can't take pain pills, because those lock your rectum up and the pushing out is that breath gonna hurt on the purge like a sneeze. Basically, your stuck... No pun intended. Well, maybe.

I'm more a Shaman so screw hospitals is a self healer talkin' ear. I'd say if you are up from off your knees, 'suck it up' as they say.

it's possible that you strained the intercostal muscle between the ribs. It is also entirely possible that you did indeed crack a rib. Please go to a health care professional and get the proper diagnostics performed.

hope you get healed up quick...

there are muscles between ribs called inner costal muscles. when strained or partially torn it is very painful. i doubt you are serisously injured but you should make and appt and see a doc.

we see people all the time in the emergency dept with similiar issues. a cough or sneeze is a small explosion in your body and can do damage. i remember shortly after mark mcguire broke the home run record sammy sosa sneezed and strained muscles either in his chest or back. he missed a month or so and alot of people were raggin on him but it is painful and needs med attention
good luck

Back