Company Offers Medical Marijuana Soda

Reverendron

Registered
You'll need a prescription for this soda. A Colorado soda company has launched a line of drinks with a special ingredient – marijuana.

Dixie Elixers said their sodas are meant to offer an alternative for users of medical marijuana. The carbonated beverage is advertised as being "convenient, discreet and potent."

The sodas come in 12-ounce bottles and are available in seven flavors: lemonade, sweet tea, pink lemonade, strawberry, orange, grape and root beer. Dixie stated that the marijuana-laced soda can be drunk alone or to enhance other medicinal marijuana.

It is not available on the open market. Discovery News reported it is only available to those with a medical prescription for marijuana, which is legal for medical purposes in 14 of the country's 50 states.

For those who can consume it, Dixie states it relieves a variety of symptoms. The Village Voice said Dixie also claimed that the carbonation quickens how fast the body absorbs the THC, which in turn quickens how fast the patient feels relief.

In addition to the soda other alternatives for consuming marijuana have surfaced, including cannabis lollipops, raspberry crumble, as well as the traditional brownies, the Voice reported.

And the blog The Stir offered recipes for marijuana butter, pot pasta and pot tacos as well as brownies.

To keep up with all the marijuana news and products, the Denver Westword newspaper hired a marijuana critic, going by the pen name William Breathes, to critique the different medical marijuana available from dispensaries.

Other products are likely to pop up if California voters make recreational marijuana legal on Election Day.

I saw a show on Natl Geo channel last night regarding the Marijuana 'industry' in this country. It stated there are more than 2,000 Pot dispensaries in California which is more than all McDonalds , Burger Kings , Starbucks and Wendy's combined !
Careful discussion is needed on it because numerous distinguished doctors advocate it and I believe it should be legal as untold billions have been wasted trying to stop it's spread. But like alcohol and pain pills I don't want anyone out driving around smoking the stuff because modern pot is so potent it can cause problems and accidents.
Lastly never in my life have I ever seen anyone turn violent or get into fights after smoking it like alcohol. People drink and get violent . People smoke and make more friends :)

My brother lives in a little town in the mountains outside of Boulder, CO. 2006 census was 1337 residents. I would say that has gone up to around 2000 maybe. Whats interesting is that they have only a couple of Pharmacys and 12 pot despensaries!

Its big business, as my brother reports that the town has seen quite a few municipal inprovements with sidewalks and parks and such. Mind you this is a little mountain town! So besides what the individual businesses are making, the increased taxes from legalization is a boom to this town. Not only is the actual selling of pot big, but the whole industry surround it is. Such as products for smoking and growing. Most growing is done hydroponically now. Guess i can throw out all my 5 gallon buckets and potting soil! :laugh:

I saw a show on Natl Geo channel last night regarding the Marijuana 'industry' in this country. It stated there are more than 2,000 Pot dispensaries in California which is more than all McDonalds , Burger Kings , Starbucks and Wendy's combined !
Careful discussion is needed on it because numerous distinguished doctors advocate it and I believe it should be legal as untold billions have been wasted trying to stop it's spread. But like alcohol and pain pills I don't want anyone out driving around smoking the stuff because modern pot is so potent it can cause problems and accidents.
Lastly never in my life have I ever seen anyone turn violent or get into fights after smoking it like alcohol. People drink and get violent . People smoke and make more friends :)

:beerchug:Yep

Give us Cali peeps a few days, were all gonna be sparkin' doobies Nov 3rd. Watch for the cloud of smoke blowing east over the Rockies.

"Other products are likely to pop up if California voters make recreational marijuana legal on Election Day."

what??? lol cali has lost its mind

Many things , many things I don't like about Cali .
Most especially their attitude toward gun ownership but I wholeheartedly admire them for leading the way in making Marijuana acceptable .
Cancer , Aids , glaucoma , depression , anorexia , fibromyalgia and many many other things can be treated and alleviated with this natural wondrous herb .
The govt will have you believe a modern manmade pill with untold side effects is better but it's not .
Do your research and you will find Marijuana is the oldest known and first cultivated plant. The Scythians harvested it more than 5000 years ago in ancient Egypt .
It is refered to in all religions. It was actually legal in this country at one time and the US govt forced farmers to cultivate it during both world wars due to a severe shortage of hemp. Hemp was used to make ropes , sails , shoestrings and oil to run machines .
George Bush himself was saved by it during WWII.
When he was shot down the parachute he had on which saved his life was made from hemp rope and canvas .
Before nylon there was only one thing to use and that was hemp which basically was marijuana but a weaker strain specifically grown for it's fiber not buds .
Travel to the Middle East and you will realize it is our western culture which has made it evil not the weed itself .
In Lebanon there is an area called Baalbek where fields larger than you can imagine grow . In Morocco there is the Rif valley. Again an area of cultivated herb larger than you can imagine and also in Afghanistan it is grown in very large open areas . The world has been using it for eons , it's not goin away, the war on drugs is an abismal failure and nothing more than further justification of a police state .
Time for us to grow up and move on .
The real reason Marijuana will never be legal in this country is MONEY !
You cannot grow excellent tobacco easily and make your own Marlboros , you cannot easily distill your own Jack Daniels. Hence the govt is involved and makes billions in the taxation of these two industries. If pot was legal it is very very easy to grow high quality excellent herb yourself .
This ability will negate the ability of the govt to package it and tax it as nobody would buy it at their local stores.
They would simply grow their own . Legalize herb here and the violence surrounding it on the Texas/Mexico border would cease the next day .
Yes I was once chapter leader for NORML.
Long long time ago , gave many speeches and toured Connecticut and the Northeast spreading the word .
Jah Rastafari....I......I..............I
:)

I remember when I was a kid my grandfather grew it on his farm in Lamont FL for big brother.
I'm all for the Marijuana for Medical use , not for it for rec use.
I smoke a lot weed in the 60"s & 70"s in Coconut Grove Park in Coral Gables FL.
I now pass out petitions too try and get it on the ballets here in Florida for Medical Use.
Below is a Medical Marijuana Advocates group in Tampa Bay Florida.
For a petition Go to the link below click on petition and down load the petition phil it out sign it, you can mail it or deliver it to your office of elections
or mail it too PUFMM

http://www.pufmm.org/

medical Marijuana 3.jpg

Last edited:
I disagree with the idea that people will just grow their own. Colorado pot med card gives you the right to GROW 2 pot plants for medical use. You take that card to the dispensaries and sign over to them the right to GROW it for YOU! Then you can buy what they have already grown. Those businesses are doing a BOOM of a biz.

And just for the sake of argument, what if everyone DID grow their own? The products needed or percieved to be needed to grow high grade is a booming biz all unto it's self.

I believe public opinion is more a deterent to legalization than anything else.

The whole war on drugs thing has been a joke. Back in the 80's cocain was selling for $100 a gram and it was stepped on hard. I asked a few guys i knew who did it these days and the price is like $40 a gram! And its hardly stepped on at all!! Supply and demand has to have an effect here. Is it less people doing it or MORE of it available? State governments will realize making a proffit from legalization of pot is a win situation over wasting big dollars trying to stop it.

As soon as the public opinon changes, pot and who knows what other recreational drugs will be available legally.

Now pass the jagermiester! :laugh:

why shouldnt the goverment pass it...tax it and make money...and those who smoke it...wont care anymore what the goverment is doing.:laugh:

why shouldnt the goverment pass it...tax it and make money...and those who smoke it...wont care anymore what the goverment is doing.:laugh:

You make a valid point thats exactly what they are going to do same as every other thing they make illegal when they cant bust people for money then its time to tax em for it :rulez:

I disagree with the idea that people will just grow their own. Colorado pot med card gives you the right to GROW 2 pot plants for medical use. You take that card to the dispensaries and sign over to them the right to GROW it for YOU! Then you can buy what they have already grown. Those businesses are doing a BOOM of a biz.

And just for the sake of argument, what if everyone DID grow their own? The products needed or percieved to be needed to grow high grade is a booming biz all unto it's self.

I believe public opinion is more a deterent to legalization than anything else.

The whole war on drugs thing has been a joke. Back in the 80's cocain was selling for $100 a gram and it was stepped on hard. I asked a few guys i knew who did it these days and the price is like $40 a gram! And its hardly stepped on at all!! Supply and demand has to have an effect here. Is it less people doing it or MORE of it available? State governments will realize making a proffit from legalization of pot is a win situation over wasting big dollars trying to stop it.

As soon as the public opinon changes, pot and who knows what other recreational drugs will be available legally.

Now pass the jagermiester! :laugh:

Public deterent and the alcohol & tobacco companies dumping millions in the pockets of the powers that be to keep it illegal. They know their bottom lines will take a direct hit if mary jane is available to the masses.
Posted via Mobile Device

How many times does Cali have to vote on the herb issue ?
What's going on overthere? Are y'all so stoned that you forgot you voted on it last time ?

Mr Hand says
'WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE ON, DOPE?!'
mr-hand.jpg

Back