Drinking+driving+weed smoking

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
WOW thats 1 tragic story.I like 2 get wasted ocasionaly but let somebody else drive.

Witnesses saw Diane Schuler pull to the side of the road and get sick before she drove the wrong way down a New York freeway July 26 and caused a deadly car crash, according to police reports obtained by the New York Post.
Schuler first pulled over her minivan at 11:45 a.m. on the day of the crash, the police reports say. Witnesses "noticed an adult female outside of the vehicle with brown hair, wearing blue, knee-length shorts, bent over with her hands on her knees, as if throwing up," the records say.

She was seen stopping again a short time later just north of a rest stop, the Post reported. At 1:35 p.m., she crashed her vehicle into an SUV carrying three men on the Taconic State Parkway, killing them as well as herself, her 2-year-old daughter and her three young nieces.
Autopsy results released in August showed Schuler was driving drunk and had smoked marijuana before the crash.
Late last week, The Associated Press reported that Schuler's relatives told police she used pot as a way of coping with stress.
Schuler's husband told police she "smoked marijuana once in a while to relieve the stress of work and the kids," a police report said.
Schuler's sister-in-law told police she "didn't believe in medicine and used marijuana to relax," usually smoking after her children went to bed, according to the report.
Relatives of the crash victims got the report Friday during a meeting with police and prosecutors, then made it available to reporters.

i might be speaking for myself, but i think most of us have done it, if not for my family i would still do it everyday, it's a rush and when you are stoned x's. dave

Speaking for myself I have never drank, smoked or done drugs. Not once. I'm 42 years old. I have friends who drink and I don't mind. I will NOT let them drive after drinking. That's part of what friends are for; to take care of each other.

It's a tragedy that she took other lives. The victim's families can only take remorse in knowing she can't hurt anyone else.

And to be clear, I'm not judging anyone here. This is only my opinion.

Speaking for myself I have never drank, smoked or done drugs. Not once. I'm 42 years old. I have friends who drink and I don't mind. I will NOT let them drive after drinking. That's part of what friends are for; to take care of each other.

It's a tragedy that she took other lives. The victim's families can only take remorse in knowing she can't hurt anyone else.

good for you buddy.???

+100000

Same here.
I don't begrudge a friend from cutting loose with a few pops but won't have them get behind the wheel or on the seat if I'm around. I've known too many friends that have. Always ended up badly.

This was a terrible situation and I feel sorry for all that were involved. With that being said im not going to stop drinking. I feel that if you know your limit you'll be fine, if your not that mature then you maybe you shouldnt be drinking. I cant comment on marijuana as i've never tried it or plan too.

too bad so many people had to pay the ultimate for her actions..

Last edited:
last time i drove after drinking, i had to call my buddy at 2 am to have him pull me out of a snow drift in a ditch :bowdown:. left his girl in bed (had just crawled in) and drove to pull me out of a ditch at 2 am. that's how i know who my friends are, lol. anyway, it's a bad idea. never driven stoned (been awhile for me), i'm lucky if i can make it off the couch.

Back