So what do you think I should do? Stop riding for the year or what?

Damn Rub, I had no idea? I thought you were from Texas (Land of the little wieners and big belt buckles).

I had no idea you were in San Francisco? I am so sorry dude! :laugh:

:poke:

You are quite the Ball-Buster my friend. The average person would be offended by all the shi7 you chuck at Ol' Rubb. I on the other hand,love a good verbal joust.:fight:

Yer a witty ol' bastid I must say. The only problem I have with yer comments.....

That I didn't think of them first.:banghead:

Now go on about yer business before I cross the the border into the Ever-Queen state and sick my TufRottweiller on yer TufPoodle. :laugh:

Rubb....me.:moon::smileyexhibit: Rubb:firing:Tufbusa

Jay,aren't you a cop? I dont know why I think I remember that,you've been on here a looong time. Anyway my point would be that puttin' the smack down on dirt-bags is way more dangerous than any bike.

You've got to remember I've had a brain injury or 2 so I could be way off base.:cookoo: :laugh:

Wishin' you well...

RSD.

Yep your right Rubb I was a City cop for 28 years, on the SWAT team, firearms instructor all that I just retired a year ago. LOL So your a little brain damaged, LOL aren't we all? :laugh:

28 years as a new York cop. Wow. You must have some stories to tell.

Enjoy your retirement,its well earned. :thumbsup:

Rubb.

I take all kinds of Meds because I am Fat and don't take care of myself. I still ride but it's my personal choice. Biggest Mistake was selling my 08 BUSA but that was for Financial Reasons. I am not sure what your Spiritual Believes are but I just Trust The Lord. :) When he Pushes the Stop Button on my Time Clock I am Ok With that !!

Robert

I take all kinds of Meds because I am Fat and don't take care of myself.
Robert

I just about had coffee come out my nose. :rofl: I know this was a serious post on yer part ...now. But that first line made me bust a gut. :laugh:

RSD.

The term "blood thinner" is pretty loose and covers quite a few different drugs and different classes of drugs. These drugs affect different clotting factors. I personally wouldn't mess with riding and Coumadin. A year is a long time, I would ask your physician why he wants you on it for a year rather than six months. Depending on your risk factors, as in if you have none, three months should cover you as that clot will be long gone by then. It is your choice of course, but that is a big risk, quite honestly, I would put it right up next to riding with no helmet.

Cheers,

I'am on blood thinners now, and the problem is not being in an accident and bleeding externally, but the possible problem from bleeding internally. Also for me, my Doc said to avoid :nono: any sport (or bike riding) that could end up with a heavy blow to the body. So, I'am actually looking at buying a Can Am RT ??? to prevent an upper torso strain and eliminating the strain from holding up the bike or preventing it from falling over if in a sandy or gravel road stop. Anyway, a year to 1 1/2 years isn't really so bad :goodboy: . Compared to the alternative ! For me anyway :rudolph:!

That's a completely personal decision...I think I'd keep on living life to the fullest if at all possible, but that's subjective and means different things to different people...

Sorry to hear you're going through this, but thank goodness it was caught in time for treatment :thumbsup:

This is a personal choice one you would expect to be influenced more by your significant other and yourself rather than people that perhaps welcomed and signed divorce papers cause they couldn't decide what brand of china to buy for the living room.:whistle:

If the blood thinners was going to be a temporary measure I would probably just take the time off the saddle, if the thinner was some thing I had to live with I'd ride on and try to be safe can't stop riding. :beerchug: Sure hope she isn't a member here and see's you asking people who aren't the ones caring for you in your time of need:poke: cause you may bleed out from the frying pan on the head :laugh:

Dr' should have said don't ride or piss off the wife:rofl:

You boys on blood thinners just need one of these...

they are about half price now.

RSD.
- YouTube[/url] Products

Last edited by a moderator:
Back