Measuring Group Buy interest - in a HID kit

• Yes

Votes: 68 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
not to get to far off topic but am i correct in saying that the yellow bulb replaces the buld that comes with the kit? if doing the yellow buld does it make sense to get the high beam part of the kit. can you replace the high beam bulb that comes with the kit to the yellow bulb? what is the benefit of the yellow bulb over the high beam besides looks.

I'm in for low beam for sure if price comes in where expected. Not 100% sure on doing the high beam too....? Interested in opinions on why's/why nots for both..... Thanks

(SLA1500 @ Jan. 29 2007,22:34) I'm in for low beam for sure if price comes in where expected. Not 100% sure on doing the high beam too....? Interested in opinions on why's/why nots for both..... Thanks
I was skeptical too, so I will be installing this set soon and reporting out to you guys.

(heavybusa @ Jan. 29 2007,22:38)
(SLA1500 @ Jan. 29 2007,22:34) I'm in for low beam for sure if price comes in where expected.  Not 100% sure on doing the high beam too....?  Interested in opinions on why's/why nots for both.....  Thanks
I was skeptical too, so I will be installing this set soon and reporting out to you guys.
super.gif

(jdub @ Jan. 29 2007,16:15) not to get to far off topic but am i correct in saying that the yellow bulb replaces the buld that comes with the kit? if doing the yellow buld does it make sense to get the high beam part of the kit. can you replace the high beam bulb that comes with the kit to the yellow bulb? what is the benefit of the yellow bulb over the high beam besides looks.
I'm told that yellow bulbs can provide better visibility because they provide greater contrast with the bright white of the HID.

(pashnit @ Jan. 28 2007,03:34) Put me on the list. I'm in. Been reading HID threads here on this board for what seems like years.

One question would be I have a Headlight Modulator (blinking high beam) on the bike. Still work okay??

Haven't read all there is to read via the links, but doesn't it make sense to have the HID on the high beam to actually be able to see at night?? I'd lean towards just doing both.
Its an honor to give info to pashnit. beerchug.gif

On bikes that use a dual filiment bulb the moderator will not work as the HID is a single filament bulb and only has one beam.

SO there is no "flash"

On a bike that has high and low bulbs (like the hayabusa) the moderator will work.

(heavybusa @ Jan. 29 2007,19:46)
(jdub @ Jan. 29 2007,16:15) not to get to far off topic but am i correct in saying that the yellow bulb replaces the buld that comes with the kit? if doing the yellow buld does it make sense to get the high beam part of the kit. can you replace the high beam bulb that comes with the kit to the yellow bulb? what is the benefit of the yellow bulb over the high beam besides looks.
I'm told that yellow bulbs can provide better visibility because they provide greater contrast with the bright white of the HID.
fact is true  that  yellow  can  penetrate better during heavy rain or fog condiditions , best mixture of   whiteish & yellow./

As far as why will you need both, I can tell you that on my current set up the high beam silver star is useless with the low beam HID

DSCN1269.jpg

As I stated before I will be installing the set Charles has soon, so I will bring ya the truth!! beerchug.gif

(pashnit @ Jan. 28 2007,03:34) Put me on the list. I'm in. Been reading HID threads here on this board for what seems like years.

One question would be I have a Headlight Modulator (blinking high beam) on the bike. Still work okay??  

Haven't read all there is to read via the links, but doesn't it make sense to have the HID on the high beam to actually be able to see at night?? I'd lean towards just doing both.
If you're referring to the passing options, yes... it still works with the highbeam HID.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that the headlight modulator would be a good idea with HID.
HID when turned on will take a couple of seconds to warm up and get up to brightness.
The modulator always cutting the power to make it flash would not be good for the hid setup.
I think even if it did work it would cause premature wear and it wouldn't last long if it even worked at all.
If I remember right, HID instructions say not to turn on and off and on quickly.

(Busaman86 @ Jan. 30 2007,16:58) wow.... my bad.... quadruple post  wow.gif
my pc's been acting funny...  all_coholic.gif
No No No.....quad post is a good thing. I'm dying here, all aboard let's go. I need to see at night. A week?rock.gif you're killin' me. smile.gif

Hi George, I have received my HID kit. I have a few problems.
1. I ordered the 6000k kit, I was sent the 8000k kit. ( I can deal with that)
2. I have a 2005 busa. The kit that I got does not fit. It does not connect. It will not fit into the bulb housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back