MCN: BUSA vs. K1300S

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Anybody seen the full article? Busa faster top end, quarter and all other tests...

Here is page 1-2

MCN April 22 2009

I'm over in i-bmw.com now, trolling the K1300S guys :)

Last edited:
And, here's my favorite line from another article...

Spin the engine harder and no surprise, it’s very, very fast, ferociously quick even. The sensation of speed is tamed somewhat by the astonishing stability of the chassis and the excellent aerodynamics, although it’s still not as quick as a Hayabusa. Okay, nothing else is, but the K1300 S does lack the final merciless punch of the Suzuki.

OH YEAH BABY!

Good write up.:beerchug:

I’m sure that I’ll hear from my buddy who has a K1200. He’ll mention the roll-on speeds in top gear for sure!

Does any of this ‘top gear roll-on’ stuff make any sense to anyone else? Don’t these testers realize that the Hayabusa is bogging at barely an idle in top gear at those low MPHs? I’m sure that the K1300 is at low RPMs too; however the top speed is lower on the K1300, so I’m sure that the K1300 is closer to its power band, etc. (with all due respect to the K1300). Even when testers measure the roll-on speeds of 600cc sport bikes in top gear; those 600cc sport bikes are running at 6-7K+ (closer to their power band). In other words, who rolls on in top gear at 40MPH on a Hayabusa? We're barely out of first gear at 40MPH! Let everyone get in the appropriate, or found to be appropriate, gear for that particular speed and rider and then ‘roll on’ the throttle! Then it’s ‘where’d everyone else go?’ from the Hayabusa’s rear view mirror! :moon::laugh::beerchug::thumbsup:

And, here's my favorite line from another article...

Spin the engine harder and no surprise, it’s very, very fast, ferociously quick even. The sensation of speed is tamed somewhat by the astonishing stability of the chassis and the excellent aerodynamics, although it’s still not as quick as a Hayabusa. Okay, nothing else is, but the K1300 S does lack the final merciless punch of the Suzuki.

OH YEAH BABY!

I liked the traction control comment; meat and veggies :laugh:

Well peeps we're riding a dinosaur :laugh: Although a quick one :thumbsup:

Is this were I mention the color tested :whistle:

Regardless of the reviews, there will be a K1300S in my garage. It'll be sitting next to my Busa. I like the bulbous nose of the Busa, so why not like the disfigured eyes of the K1300?

Wife is going home on vacation in August now instead of June. Perfect timing.

Regardless of the reviews, there will be a K1300S in my garage. It'll be sitting next to my Busa. I like the bulbous nose of the Busa, so why not like the disfigured eyes of the K1300?

Wife is going home on vacation in August now instead of June. Perfect timing.

:beerchug:

It is a beautiful bike! My friends K1200 is a great ride!

I rode the K1200S before I bought my Busa. I just didn't like the sound that the bike made, and it seemed to wind so high to get into the power band. I like the lower end 'oomph' that I feel/hear with the Busa, then the neverending bat-out-of-hell surge as it winds out....

Good write up.:beerchug:

I’m sure that I’ll hear from my buddy who has a K1200. He’ll mention the roll-on speeds in top gear for sure!

Does any of this ‘top gear roll-on’ stuff make any sense to anyone else? Don’t these testers realize that the Hayabusa is bogging at barely an idle in top gear at those low MPHs? I’m sure that the K1300 is at low RPMs too; however the top speed is lower on the K1300, so I’m sure that the K1300 is closer to its power band, etc. (with all due respect to the K1300). Even when testers measure the roll-on speeds of 600cc sport bikes in top gear; those 600cc sport bikes are running at 6-7K+ (closer to their power band). In other words, who rolls on in top gear at 40MPH on a Hayabusa? We're barely out of first gear at 40MPH! Let everyone get in the appropriate, or found to be appropriate, gear for that particular speed and rider and then ‘roll on’ the throttle! Then it’s ‘where’d everyone else go?’ from the Hayabusa’s rear view mirror! :moon::laugh::beerchug::thumbsup:

"I'M WITH JOHN !!!!!!" :super: :super: :super: Well said Bruddah !!! :oldcool:

BMW's suspension is very , very good ....making good riders take the corners like they're Spies.I would think in a road course that is tighter the Beemer has the edge. In the 1/4 mile those drive shafts suck and lift the bike on take off. We kick their arses! Ha,ha

Long sweepers like the Cherahola my Busa was very good and I held off my BMW buddy with his K 1200 GT. At the gap tight turns grouped closer together (plus loose chain good excuse huh?) different story. I played catch up. I was going fast enough to keep the other bikes coming up behind me at bay but my Beemer friend was starting to stretch on me. Hey, maybe I'm just not as fast or as skilled as you guys with pucks on your knees I dunno. Maybe a better pilot reels in the Beemer. My friend is a very good rider but he usually sees my tailight more than I see his except for that Gap Trip. I've ridden both bikes and the BMW seems a lot lighter? Wardie

The K1300S has a chain so the shaft issue is handled.

It does come down to the rider. If you can't handle the curvies, doesn't matter how fast the bike is, you're going to get passed.

PandaNin you're thinking of the Moto GP bike. K 1300 S has a drive shaft. Certainly riders skills contribute more than anything as to how well a bike does . But these new BMW models handle so well that the press even tells you they make a rider better. Better than who ??? well that's the 64 thousand dollar question.

If I was any slower I'd be a turtle. Wardie

PandaNin you're thinking of the Moto GP bike. K 1300 S has a drive shaft. Certainly riders skills contribute more than anything as to how well a bike does . But these new BMW models handle so well that the press even tells you they make a rider better. Better than who ??? well that's the 64 thousand dollar question.

If I was any slower I'd be a turtle. Wardie

What year is your Buddies GT?
Yes all models of the K13 are shaft drive also the drive shaft lift is gone now, thats old school shaft drive beemers..

The new BMW's rock imo.. :thumbsup:

Doyle, I see you posting in that I-BMW thread too :thumbsup:

Yes that's me.. :thumbsup: I will replace my current '89 K100RS with a newer K12 of some sort when my stimulus starts kicking in that is.. :laugh:
pic of me on my current BMW taken by GSXcite..

spring bash 06.jpg

Last edited:
2008 K 1200 GT with a big ass motor. Very nice special edition K 100 RS. Pearl paint with blue trim awesome.

The new Beemers with telever/ paralever suspensions do really help in the curves.

Back