MCN: BUSA vs. K1300S

Oh right, I was thinking of the other Beemer, that I can't afford!

That's what I get for posting after a grueling day of riding the twisties and having loved it so much, taking the wife's Mustang back for another run at them. BTW, busa handles better IMHO.

ARGH. Oh well. I still want the K1300S. I'll take it in silver pls.

Ok the BMW lost from what I read, doesn't it cost more also??? Top gear an 4th roll on 40- 120, ??? :wtf: are you doing in 4 th or 6 th at 40 mph Busa riders know how to ride.. Ohh yea thats right the BM has traction control so if you gun it at 40 mph in 1st gear it won't do very well i guess:whistle:

Weird the Busa hasn't been changed to much since it's debut seems to be what everyone compares it too:laugh:

Good write up.:beerchug:

I’m sure that I’ll hear from my buddy who has a K1200. He’ll mention the roll-on speeds in top gear for sure!

Does any of this ‘top gear roll-on’ stuff make any sense to anyone else? Don’t these testers realize that the Hayabusa is bogging at barely an idle in top gear at those low MPHs? I’m sure that the K1300 is at low RPMs too; however the top speed is lower on the K1300, so I’m sure that the K1300 is closer to its power band, etc. (with all due respect to the K1300). Even when testers measure the roll-on speeds of 600cc sport bikes in top gear; those 600cc sport bikes are running at 6-7K+ (closer to their power band). In other words, who rolls on in top gear at 40MPH on a Hayabusa? We're barely out of first gear at 40MPH! Let everyone get in the appropriate, or found to be appropriate, gear for that particular speed and rider and then ‘roll on’ the throttle! Then it’s ‘where’d everyone else go?’ from the Hayabusa’s rear view mirror! :moon::laugh::beerchug::thumbsup:

"I'M WITH JOHN !!!!!!" :super: Well said Bruddah !!! :oldcool:

Thank You!!!:beerchug::thumbsup::laugh:

Back