MC Deaths high among SuperSports

el stumpo

Registered
Linky to local news site

A busa makes a cameo ..

Yammie on the ground.

Funny Section: Dealer saying "We have state of the art motorcycles making a ton of power.... ride within the posted speed"
laugh.gif

Oh wait, I do that, I never exceed the posted speed limit...
tounge.gif

The dealership HAD to post some sort of disclaimer
laugh.gif

So, once again, everyone who saw that will automatically hate sport bikers... *shakes head*

(pbghost @ Sep. 19 2007,19:46) With stats like that being broadcasted, probably won't help insurance rates drop anytime soon.
Interesting point, and I use to think the same thing. However, what makes insurance rates climb are accidents and speeding tickets. I have owned Busas since 2002, and my rates have not changed (just under $400 per year, full coverage with State Farm). That is with all the hype the Busa has been getting since 1999 about it being the world's fastest production MC, and it is! My insurance company hasn't deemed it "uninsurable".... yet.

Bad publicity isn't good any way you look at it; I think it hurts us more when it comes to the police and safety mongers. They (the police) get pressure to ticket sport bikes more when things like this pick up steam, like with the liberals who want to kill everything good... except trees that is...
laugh.gif

Anyway, enough of my 2-cents. Just everyone ride slow and safe, then people will start calling us good riders just like those Harley folks....
tounge.gif

P.

according to those stats 25% of M/C deaths are from sports bikes. 1 death is too many, but in the grand scope of things it's not alarming to me. When you add in the squid factor.

That's funny, I was at that dealership when they were filming the guy on the green ninja doing slow drive-bys in the parking lot. Also that's my black GSXR 600 that I just traded in on my new Busa that the reporter is in front of. I was wondering what they were doing out there.

according to those stats 25% of M/C deaths are from sports bikes. 1 death is too many, but in the grand scope of things it's not alarming to me. When you add in the squid factor.

How do you change the look of a complete group? We have had some terminal wrecks in Tulsa this year, both riders were doing over 100 on a crowded freeway. There are also groups that ride in pairs around here, with a car trailing taking video of wheelies on the freeway. They sell the videos and make money, sometimes they crash. This is what give riders of our type of bike a bad name and we are guilty by association. Ride resposibly, wear your gear, and show everyone that not all riders are the same. I have the good fortune of knowing some motorcyle officers in the area, and all though the type of rider I listed above in the minority, they get the most publicity.

(ericridebike @ Sep. 19 2007,16:27) That's funny, I was at that dealership when they were filming the guy on the green ninja doing slow drive-bys in the parking lot. Also that's my black GSXR 600 that I just traded in on my new Busa that the reporter is in front of. I was wondering what they were doing out there.
Which Dealership was that? Triangle cycles?

Where are you at in Durham? I'm off Sparger rd, are you up for rides?

I would like to see the ages of these fatalities. I would bet that you would see these are the newest of the biking community. What better to draw a new inexperienced driver than the vision of one of these techno wonders..

A Goldwing certainly did not do much for me or my desire to ride.. The KZ's and F series bikes brought me to the street scene off the trusty RM250 and my YZ250's.

I would also bet most of these fatalities had never seen a track day. I have watched a lot of riders that "slowed" down on the streets after a couple track days. (my imagination?)

The NTSB has numbers for auto fatalities and they also trend to the new and inexperienced driver under 25.. go figure

(whitele @ Sep. 19 2007,15:16)
(ericridebike @ Sep. 19 2007,16:27) That's funny, I was at that dealership when they were filming the guy on the green ninja doing slow drive-bys in the parking lot. Also that's my black GSXR 600 that I just traded in on my new Busa that the reporter is in front of. I was wondering what they were doing out there.
Which Dealership was that? Triangle cycles?

Where are you at in Durham? I'm off Sparger rd, are you up for rides?
Was at Matison Motorsports in Raleigh. I'm off Guess Rd in N. Durham. Yeah, riding would be cool sometime.

Back