Speed without control, Sad Ending!

Puyallup river road is two lanes each direction.

From reading other forums apparently the rider was 24 and the driver is 28.

The 24 year old Tyler Huber was not married but his GF is pregnant with a baby girl.

If the car turned in front of him than speed MAY NOT have been a factor.
100 or 20 the rider may not have had any chance at all to avoid things.
Easier to maneuver at 20 sure but I'm just saying sometimes theres nothing you can do. Unfortunately since the police are aware of his speed and simply because of it he's gonna be the one blamed for it.

This was reported in the Tacoma News Tribune

A 24-year-old Puyallup man who died Saturday after his motorcycle collided with a car head-on has been identified as Tyler Huber.

The crash occurred about 12:15 p.m. near 78th Avenue. The Washington State Patrol said Huber’s motorcycle was traveling faster than 100 mph as he headed north on River Road/state Route 167.

When the driver of a 1993 Chevrolet Lumina heading south on River Road tried to turn left onto 78th Avenue East, the motorcycle struck the car, according to the State Patrol.
Huber, who was wearing a helmet, was thrown 440 feet from his 2009 Suzuki GSXR10. He was declared dead at the scene.

The 28-year-old driver of the Lumina suffered minor injuries. His vehicle was totaled.

Categories: Puyallup, Traffic accidents/news
Tags:

If the car turned in front of him than speed MAY NOT have been a factor.
100 or 20 the rider may not have had any chance at all to avoid things.
Easier to maneuver at 20 sure but I'm just saying sometimes theres nothing you can do. Unfortunately since the police are aware of his speed and simply because of it he's gonna be the one blamed for it.

You are 100% right, if I was going 20mph or 100mph and you turned a car in front of me (50ft) it would would be hard to not have impact. Some what on board with this thought, all things considered going the speed limit or less wouldn't end like this did. The question then becomes how hard is the impact going to be?

Doubtful if he was going 20 either vehicle would be so banged up. :beerchug:

There's not a lot you can do to prevent a car from turning in front of you. But speed IS an issue, both for the rider and the cager. A little closer to the speed limit means the cager has a better gauge on how fast the rider is closing; the rider also has more time to evade.

It's a shame no matter how it happened.

There's not a lot you can do to prevent a car from turning in front of you. But speed IS an issue, both for the rider and the cager. A little closer to the speed limit means the cager has a better gauge on how fast the rider is closing; the rider also has more time to evade.

agreed. Its a shame that he died but there is absolutely no reason to be driving anything 100mph on public roads. We all do it but not in rush hour traffic. Had this happened at the posted speed limit perhaps the story would have a different ending. The part of the story that makes me the saddest is that now his baby will grow up without knowing her father.

I wouldn't pass judgement without knowing all of the facts.

It would be nice to know how they got the speed. There is a misconception that anytime a motorcycle causes major damage, it is traveling over 100 MPH. With the way cars are built today, it is very easy to total one. I saw a Monte Carlo (same as that lumina) totaled by a motorcycle going about 50MPH. When you saw the car you would have thought it had got hit by a big truck. The accident report had the motorcycle speed at 100+. When the accident happened he was following traffic and the car made a left in front of him. Traffic was heavy, so there was no way he was going that fast. No one was killed, but looking at the damage we all wondered how.

This was reported in the Tacoma News Tribune

A 24-year-old Puyallup man who died Saturday after his motorcycle collided with a car head-on has been identified as Tyler Huber.

The crash occurred about 12:15 p.m. near 78th Avenue. The Washington State Patrol said Huber’s motorcycle was traveling faster than 100 mph as he headed north on River Road/state Route 167.

When the driver of a 1993 Chevrolet Lumina heading south on River Road tried to turn left onto 78th Avenue East, the motorcycle struck the car, according to the State Patrol.
Huber, who was wearing a helmet, was thrown 440 feet from his 2009 Suzuki GSXR10. He was declared dead at the scene.

The 28-year-old driver of the Lumina suffered minor injuries. His vehicle was totaled.

Categories: Puyallup, Traffic accidents/news
Tags:

That's what I was wondering. That's why you can't play wherever and whenever you want.

and cell phones aren't making things any safer

I'm always grabbing the pass switch when in doubt. The latest greatest maneuver for the genius's around here is pulling off from stop signs before you pass them by.

I wouldn't pass judgement without knowing all of the facts.

It would be nice to know how they got the speed. There is a misconception that anytime a motorcycle causes major damage, it is traveling over 100 MPH. With the way cars are built today, it is very easy to total one. I saw a Monte Carlo (same as that lumina) totaled by a motorcycle going about 50MPH. When you saw the car you would have thought it had got hit by a big truck. The accident report had the motorcycle speed at 100+. When the accident happened he was following traffic and the car made a left in front of him. Traffic was heavy, so there was no way he was going that fast. No one was killed, but looking at the damage we all wondered how.

Probably based on the distance he traveled from the bike, but they can pull that data from the bike.

I cant believe how they all bash the guy on the "crotch rocket". How many Harleys do you see at a bar when you drive by one. There idea of fun is drinking and going from bar to bar. Where is there rap from people on drinking and driving. The Harley guys get away with everything and were pegged as the ricer bad guys because they are a fast machine. I just dont get it.

Puyallup river road is two lanes each direction.

From reading other forums apparently the rider was 24 and the driver is 28.

The 24 year old Tyler Huber was not married but his GF is pregnant with a baby girl.

dang thats just sad, rip rider

it sucks when someone dies from a stupid mistake like speeding (which I believe we are ALL guilty of doing at least once) , Prayers to his family and to the guy he hit . Its hard to judge someones speed coming at you when you are doing over 100 on a 40mph road so I doubt it was the drivers fault .

Back